Mental health issues and motherhood (warning sensitive subjects)

Hi Girls,

How is everyone today?

I have a friend coming round who i haven't seen since feb-i tend to put off seeing people if I can, and my anxiety is horrible. Plus due to not sleeping for the last few night and changing my med feel head achy and sick :( pah! I just want to crawl back into bed and sleep all day.

xxx

Hi Girls,

How is everyone today?

I have a friend coming round who i haven't seen since feb-i tend to put off seeing people if I can, and my anxiety is horrible. Plus due to not sleeping for the last few night and changing my med feel head achy and sick :( pah! I just want to crawl back into bed and sleep all day.

xxx

Hi Hun,

I'm like that too! I put off seeing friends cos I get anxious and just uncomfortable. Just be strong! Relax and try to enjoy having a bit of different company! You'll have your own space back soon after! :) xx

I'm the same too, once she's there you'll enjoy yourself :)

Hello topsy. Glad to hear you have a friend coming around! Its good to socialize and what not.

Today is my little sisters birthday party so I have to go find her a present. And then her party tonight. That is all I am doing.

Yesterday was a hard day because of the talk oh and I had. Of course, familiar feelings and stuff came about. Especially looking at my still healing scars. Didn't do anything but I had the urge to and really can't promise I won't do it sometime soon.

I talked to a friend about my martial problem and she pretty much said "unless and and oh can all of a sudden change and be nice, I don't think you'll make it." Well thanks. That doesn't help. :dohh:

And hello roxie. Hope you are feeling better today. :flower:

Thank you sweetie! And in regards to you and your OH, I honestly think you should just ignore everyone else's opinion ! You and him have talked, your both going to try, and just take each day as it comes! If its really not working, deal with it when it comes to that.

You are one strong woman missy! Xx

Thanks girls its nice to know I am not alone :hugs: shes running late but will be here soon, so on here to distract myself!

tryingfor1-i am so sorry you had to have such a tough talk with OH. Think Roxie Gives good advice :flower: to take it 1 day at a time, although i know thats not always easy to do.

Take care girlies xxx

Thanks girls its nice to know I am not alone :hugs: shes running late but will be here soon, so on here to distract myself!

tryingfor1-i am so sorry you had to have such a tough talk with OH. Think Roxie Gives good advice :flower: to take it 1 day at a time, although i know thats not always easy to do.

Take care girlies xxx

Topsy ! How did your day go? Xx

I'm so glad I found this thread. I suffer from depression and OCD. I feel there is a lot of stigma when it comes to parents with mental health issues. I often feel as though I don't have the right to have a child. But I've come so far. I feel very stable. Have a home, a great job, and ust desperately want to be a mum so I could give a part of me to the world and raise them with as much love as they can handle lol.

you're so brave for starting this thread Roxie, and I think everyone who posts should be proud of themselves.

x

Hi melody, the thread hasn't been used for a while but feel free to talk about anything you like :hugs:

Things have been difficult recently. My OH has health issues, we're still having testing done with Thomas and he's so high needs and barely sleeps :(

Hi melody, the thread hasn't been used for a while but feel free to talk about anything you like :hugs:

Things have been difficult recently. My OH has health issues, we're still having testing done with Thomas and he's so high needs and barely sleeps :(

Thanks Sequeena. i could see it hasn't been used in a while but hopefully we'll kick start things again :)

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time right now. I hope you get some answers from the doctors. :hugs:

I'm having a bit of a down time at the moment. I've wanted to be a mother for as long as I can remember. And I've actually been really proud of my progress career wise and health wise, but after my latest therapy session, i left doubting myself. I got the impression that other people in my group didn't think I would be capable of having a child and being a good mum. Just a bit disheartened :cry:

What did they say (if you don't mind me asking)?

Just the usual "have you thought this through". My therapist said he doesn't think it is a good time. Even though I've never felt more capable as i do now, especially with the support I get from group therapy. I also got the "having children is incredibly hard"

I realise now that everyone was just trying to give advice because they care, but at the time I did feel a bit judged and slightly belittled. Especially because another person in the group has made a tough decision which everyone else fully supports him with.

I'm jst doubting myself now.

Having children is hard but no-one is ever ready so if you feel this is the time for you then it is.

Having children is hard but no-one is ever ready so if you feel this is the time for you then it is.

Thanks :hugs: I know it will be hard. I certainly do not have a romanticist view of having children. I know it will be the most challenging, heart wrenching thing ive ever done, but i also know how rewarding and amazing it can be.

You know that desperate feeling you get when you're ready. I cant think about anything else lol.

When is anyone ever ready? Most mothers I know were not ready nor prepared. Myself being one of them. I was only 20 and still living with my parents with a rocky relationship with my oh. I definitely wasn't ready, but I'm a good mom. And you will be too, especially if you feel ready. Don't listen to others and go with your instinct. I'm sure you will be fantastic.

When is anyone ever ready? Most mothers I know were not ready nor prepared. Myself being one of them. I was only 20 and still living with my parents with a rocky relationship with my oh. I definitely wasn't ready, but I'm a good mom. And you will be too, especially if you feel ready. Don't listen to others and go with your instinct. I'm sure you will be fantastic.

Thank you so much. That's so sweet and encouraging of you to say. I honestly felt like running away after that revelation, but I went back and it was clear I overreacted. The people in my group were just trying to be the voice of reason but they do care and did offer some good advice.

At the end of the day, its my decision and I feel more capable than i ever have. You're right, no one is ever completely ready. Just have to go with your gut.

I want to be a mum so bad. I even catch myself reviewing the best schools in my area hahaha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->