Message from a 'friend'

tootles123

adores her little Miss
Reaction score
First message I got today was a 'joke' from a 'mate'

telling me how fat I look and how it's time to start 'getting rid of the belly'

Don't know whether to laugh or cry - who makes jokes like that?!!!

:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:
:nope: not really that funny at this stage is it? People just run out of things to say i think, it's either fat jokes or 'any signs' comments! :wacko:

Certainly not 'friends'

I'd send one back saying cheers for that you've really made my day :(

Maybe then they will realise it's hurt you :hugs:

My messages and calls started day before yesterday "You had him yet" had tonnes of them gonna start ignoring the phone lol

I know and it drives me mad :growlmad: I had the same sort of msg from a friend that have been pregnant twice and both times put on quite a lot of weight. Surprisingly she never wanted to have any photos of her pregnancy, but the minute I put one of me on Facebook she jumped in to make silly comments about how fat I look :nope: I feel like unfriending her :growlmad:

tat not very nice... does this friends have kids??? cuz i dont tink oeople who have never been pregnat really undersand how sestivce we can b esp at thelate atages!!

they prob didnt mean anything by it.not nice at this stage though.my husband tells me im fat all the time.lastnight he told me not to eat today lol he was only joking though

Thanks guys - just needed a bit of a boost after that kinda comment - isn't it crazy how ppl think it's ok to say stuff like this ....

Unsurprisingly he doesn't have kids - so has nooooo clue what we go through.
Normally I'd just ignore daft stuff like this but I've had so many ppl take such enjoyment watching me grow my bump and then calling me huge, telliing me I'm going to have a large baby, or taking the piss out of how I walk.

It's like they've never ever seen a pregnant lady b4 - I'm like this alien.

I've made comments back to him - letting him know it's not ok, and warning him not to start this one with me.

He tried to make it better by calling me 'blooming' - ugh.
It's like....I'm due any day now so shut up and go away.

And I understand how you feel Mummy Madness - the 'have you had her yet' comments are getting so so boring!

:hugs: to all of you beautiful women x

they prob didnt mean anything by it.not nice at this stage though.my husband tells me im fat all the time.lastnight he told me not to eat today lol he was only joking though

It's a tough place to be at the moment because of the comments I've already had from ppl there. I've smiled through so many hurtful things I'm done with it now. The last one was someone tellimg me I would have a huge baby and taking the piss out of how I walk ( like a normal preggers person if you ask me but hey...if you can have a joke at the expense of a lady who is in pain because of SPD why not!?)
I've never known how rude ppl can be and it's been a bit of a learning curve.

My OH would never be able to say that to me! He knows me too well! :haha:
He lets me know he thinks me and my bump are beautiful and keeps telling me I've just got a bump and no other weight anywhere else
I swear I'd go insane if it wasn't for him.

It's a tough place to be at the moment because of the comments I've already had from ppl there. I've smiled through so many hurtful things I'm done with it now. The last one was someone tellimg me I would have a huge baby and taking the piss out of how I walk ( like a normal preggers person if you ask me but hey...if you can have a joke at the expense of a lady who is in pain because of SPD why not!?)
I've never known how rude ppl can be and it's been a bit of a learning curve.

My OH would never be able to say that to me! He knows me too well! :haha:
He lets me know he thinks me and my bump are beautiful and keeps telling me I've just got a bump and no other weight anywhere else
I swear I'd go insane if it wasn't for him.

i went to a pub quiz with the husband and some of his work friends once,there was abit of banter about the blue waffle picture which i really wasnt intrested in seeing for obvious reasons.
one of the blokes my husband works with (not a friend) asked me what i thought my vagina was going to look like after id given birth refering to it looking like the blue waffle.i just laughed off as i was tired and really couldnt be bothered to lower to his level as he was drunk and basicly a idiot anyways.husband was fuming though.
thats prob the worst thing you could say to a preg women.lets just say after we left the lad was put in his place and he hasnt said a thing about me or any of the other lads wives/girlfriends since.

If anyone makes comments like "any twinges?" or "LO not here yet?" don't make any comment back, simply put this as your reply:

www.haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com

One of the other ladies on here told me about this - I love it lol!

Some of the comments I'm reading about here have left me gobsmacked (and I'm not talking about the 'had the baby yet?' ones).

I cannot think of a single person in my life who would have such poor 'humour' - if they did, I would set him/her straight.

I had a text from my boss on saturday saying i resemble the boulder from the opening scene of raiders of the lost ark.

To which i replied, no actually that was your mother.

Give as good as you get babe! :thumbup:

I had a text from my boss on saturday saying i resemble the boulder from the opening scene of raiders of the lost ark.

To which i replied, no actually that was your mother.

Give as good as you get babe! :thumbup:

:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"