Message from Santa about the pandemic

motherofboys

Reaction score
I saw on Facebook a message from Santa, that was basically for people who have had money worries due to the pandemic. I lost the post but the gist of it, if anyone needs to use it and could maybe write their own version to send to their kids in the post, was that due to the pandemic there have been problems getting the materials for some toys, and that with social distancing they can't have as many elves working at once either, so while every child will get a present, not every child will get exactly what they asked for. If your friend gets what they asked for but you didn't this does not mean that you have been bad or that they have done better than you this year, it simply means there was not enough to go around. You've done so well this year, coping with all the changes, and you will 100% be getting a present, it just might be a little different to the one you've requested.

I'm not sure if it will be useful to any of you, but I thought it was worth sharing

I know I saw a lot of comments on a post about how children shouldn't worry, that Santa would still come even with the pandemic, where people were saying its all well and good telling the children he was coming but they'd lost their job so can afford Christmas etc and I thought this was a great way to explain why they might not be getting that new bike, or newly released game, or other big ticket items. As long as they have something, even a teddy bear, they will know they weren't forgotten.

Lovely idea for children who are asking. Mine haven't even mentioned it ha ha

Mine have just assumed he is coming, too, but I know there's been a lot on Facebook and such reassuring them he is coming then people jumping on that saying not to reassure them he is coming as so many have lost jobs. This sort of covers both aspects.

Awww lovely idea !!

DD2 asked me first about Santa coming because of the virus and I just told her everyone will be in bed so he’s safe to come !

Christmas is such a magical time for children and adults I love it too haha . We should at least be able to have this after everything this year !

Definitely, I guess seeing as we are all here so early most of us aren't worrying *too much* about this, but I think we all must know someone who has been laid off this year so shared it anyway

Oh god yes .

I’ve been lucky that DH can work from home !

We've been quite fortunate in that DH works outside and alone so apart from the extremely strict part of lockdown he was able to work.

We both worked throughout but not as much free money as previous years. I'd hope the girls won't notice though as they are still in their own dream world, plus they haven't asked for much so at least we can't disappoint. X

We both worked throughout but not as much free money as previous years. I'd hope the girls won't notice though as they are still in their own dream world, plus they haven't asked for much so at least we can't disappoint. X
Mine haven’t asked for much this year either ! Between us and grandparents we will get them everything on their lists . We usually don’t but this year has been crap so we wan to spoil them more

Ds4 circled just about everything in the smyths book so I went with things that he repeatedly talked about and I knew would get use. Ds3 was more controlled, he said he knew if he only asked for a few things there was more chance of getting them. He then put stars next to the things he wanted most. A few of them I couldn't actually get, like they don't make pirates of the carribean games for ps4 :haha:
Ds1 and ds2 don't know what they want anymore than I do.

Ds4 circled just about everything in the smyths book so I went with things that he repeatedly talked about and I knew would get use. Ds3 was more controlled, he said he knew if he only asked for a few things there was more chance of getting them. He then put stars next to the things he wanted most. A few of them I couldn't actually get, like they don't make pirates of the carribean games for ps4 :haha:
Ds1 and ds2 don't know what they want anymore than I do.

It's frustrating when they circle everything then never mention it again or even remember.

DD1 just asked for a giant unicorn (she asked for it last year too) so maybe Santa will surprise her. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->