Messed up my clomid!!

babychickpea

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I've been a bit naughty and no I wasn't thinking straight at the time. Down to disappointment and desperation I suppose,
Well my GP prescribed me 50mg Clomid (this is cycle 5 on clomid)
And it obviously hasn't got me pregnant up to this point!
I decided this cycle to double dose!! So I took 100mg for 3 days but started getting really painful ovarian pain ( I have pcos and a dermoid cyst)
Anyway this scared me, so for the following 2 days I took the 50mg instead.

I'm currently on CD 16 and haven't ovulated yet, do you think doing this has messed up my cycle and now I won't ovulate?

I'm so stupid!!! 😞

Please help x

Hi, don't really have any advice but didn't wana read and run! I'm not sure about it all as this is my first clomid cycle but my gynae did stress not to double the dose! Have u been monitored through your cycles to make sure u are ovulating on the 50mg?! What cd do u usually ovulate on? R u doing opks?!
Sorry I'm not much help! Hope things improve and your cycle fixes itself up! :)

Not to worry but thanks for taking the time to post.
I'm not being monitored because I don't qualify for 'fertility treatment' as I have 1 child which I fell pregnant naturally with straight away! It's disgusting really. My 'problem' isn't fertility (apparently) it's annovulation. So I was prescribed Clomid to help me ovulate. Which I believe it has done as I'm an avid temp checker.
I don't use OPKs as for me, they were inaccurate due to my PCOS. I check temp and cervical fluid and position.
I usually ovulate around now, but clomid has really messed up my cycles, making my luteul phase short (around 8-9 days) I have been taking evening primrose and aspirin which is supposed to help with that?!

My GP didn't want me to double dose because I'm not being monitored so there is the risk of OHSS and of course multiple pregnancies, but we've been ttc # 2 for nearly 3 years and I'm just at my wits end and desperate!

Oh well, come what may!

I do however hope that you have a BFP success story!
Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"