Metformin and food aversion?

GdaneMom4now

IVF/ICSI TWINS/PREG #3
Reaction score
I know I'm not pregnant. But since I've upped my metformin to 1000mg I've noticed constant nausea and foods that I love or even any food sometimes even the smell or thought of it makes me sick. :sick: A lot of the times I have to force my self to eat...Anyone had this issue or know how to make it better?

sorry, didn't want to r&r but I hope you find an answer :hugs: Sorry you aren't feeling good!!

I didnt wanna r+r hon,i dont have any experience with this yet, but Im starting Metformin today so hopefully I will be more help once I'm on it. My doc did tell me that I will deffo have nausea and Im kinda hoping it puts me off ice cream so I can lose some weight! xxxxx

Hi

Yer I've been experiencing something similar with Metformin, my fertility doc told me to take the tablet in the middle of a meal and I do find that it helps reduce the symptoms, if I take it after or before a meal I get terrible nausea and stomach cramps. Even so I still slightly nauseous at times but peppermint tea normally helps with that.

Nicola x

I find eating ginger biscuits help with feeling sick, I get this all the time but as Nicola said, I have mine during my meal and it reduces the feeling alot x

I haven't found anything that works yet. I am currently on 1000mg as well waiting to go up next week and cant stand food or smells. I take mine in the middle of eating but it doesnt make me want to eat prior to the pill. Sorry I have no advice but wanted to let you know you are definately not alone with this.

I haven't found anything either we sound exactly alike. I know your not supposed to eat either but thats the only thing that helps it seems like. Ice cream sandwiches have kept me at work. Seriously

I was struggling with it as well. I have found that crackers and milk help. I tend to drink milk with all my meals and eat a few crackers whenever I get nauseous even if it is right after a meal.

I got Nausea when I first went on it, I've been upping and lowering now for about 2 years due to PCOS and weight gain. The only thing I notice is when I eat foods that are bad for me I get awful bowel movements which put me off eating anything like that again. Move up slowly, drinks a lot of water and watch your fat intake and nausea should subside. Also peppermint tea for any sickness or cramps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->