metformin and pcos

rockstarlove9

Reaction score
Hello ladies,
I have pcos so I take metformin to help control insulin resistance. I was noticing that with my previous two mcs I wasn't taking metformin after conception for one reason or another and my boobs got huge by 8 dpo that's usually how I can tell immediately I should test soon. However this time I am taking metformin and noticed while my boobs have gotten slightly bigger they aren't sore and swollen as the last to pregnancies without it. Do any of you ladies have any experience with this medication? I know that metformin can somewhat regulate or effect hormones so im just curious if this is why the symptoms seem to be different this time than last time.

I take Metformin for PCOS aswell.. I cant be sure if it has any effect or if its just that every pregnancy is different but my boobs arent as sore as my other pregnancies, as some days I wake up and they arent at all. With previous pregnancies it only went away if i was have a miscarriage..and i didnt stop until later in pregnancy with me son. I just chalked it up to each pregnancy is different.

I take metformin for my IR as well due to pcos. My dr advised me to continue taking it throughout my pregnancy. My boobs have definitely been swollen and sore since around 4 weeks. Sort of the same as when AF hits, just lasting for a while instead of ending after a couple days.

I take metformin too but my doc told me to stop while pregnant?! That was last time around and I didn't start it again so not taking it this time

My doctors told me to stop at 12 weeks because stopping before can cause some stress on the body.. at 12 weeks ill stop.

Yeah I think that's when I stopped first time around x

The way my dr was explaining it at my appointment is she's going to keep me on it my whole pregnancy. She said a lot was to avoid chancing gestational diabetes since I'm already insulin resistant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->