Metformin side effects??? (TMI alert)

clara_nb

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I started metformin 2 weeks ago at 500 mg/day. My medication directions said I should double the dose to 1000 mg/day after 2 weeks. My first few days taking metformin were a bit rocky with some (tmi, sorry) diarrhea and bloating, and then it seemed to even out. I wasn't nervous to double the dose because I seemed to be doing okay. I took my first full tablet (500 mg) on Monday night (CD 02, 07/11) after dinner. I had a lot of (tmi again, sorry) diarrhea that night and the next morning. I was a bit nervous to take my next dosage after breakfast yesterday morning (CD 03, 08/11). I took it about 20-25 minutes after eating, and it seemed to be okay so I thought maybe Monday night was a fluke. I took my pill right before I had dinner last night, and then about 20 minutes after I finished eating, I started feeling a bit nauseous. It got much, much worse, and I ended up puking and having diarrhea for 3 hours after. My heart rate was pretty low (around 50 bpm, which is still normal) and my temp was low (but to be fair it is cold in our house right now). This morning I am still feeling a bit off but I'm no longer puking or nauseous. I went back to taking the half dose today. I have a call in to my pharmacy, but I was wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar with Metformin?

My co-worker also has the stomach flu... I might also have that?

Thanks!

I hated being on metformin! It gave me the same horrible side effects. BUT that was because you aren't supposed to eat a lot of carb type things or oily things. You really have to follow a diet or it will keep you messed up. I hope it gets better for you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->