Metformin success stories needed!!!

ChattyCatty

Reaction score
I've been on metformin for about 6 weeks now and have seen no improvement in my cycles. BBT still erratic, no O in sight. Have I given it long enough or do I need to move on? Has anyone had success on metformin?

I am currently on Metformin I take 2000mg daily....due to not ovulating and I have PCOS diagnosed in 07....but I think I have really had it since atleast I was 18!! anyways I have not seen a huge change in things I have been taking it since Sept and the only difference i seen was the change in the side effects from it!! I temp and everything and my chart is so weird looking compared to everyone elses I have seen It doesnt go up and back down it just kinda stays down! or is all over the darn place!! I am also taking vitex which is suppose to be a natural clomid. I dunno I just havent seen that much of an improvement but i think I have only been on it one month longer than you!! Im thinking of talking to my dr and seeing if I can have Clomid now!! She wanted to be sure I am def not ovulating!! ugh

My last cycle was my first full one on Met - I take 1500mg/day. Personally I had fantastic results. I was put on it for irregular periods and not Ov'ing. This first full cycle lasted only 32 days!! (As opposed to the 83 of the cycle before it when I wasn't on Met) Also, I am 98% sure that I ov'd on it. I would say give it a bit more time, then go from there.

GL!! :dust:

I think my last period before I started take metformin was 76 booo for long cycles...well when your ttc anyway...Then even then at 76 it had to be forced with prometrium...after that I had one at 21 days which is pretty dang awesome but I have no idea if I O'd how do you know I mean my temp chart looks completely off like my body?? I dunno I hope I did and keep staring at my chart hoping I did lol hoping something will jump at me and say hey you o'd here lol ....... how in the world do you do all that stuff ??? do you go and create it and post it on there??

Hey Paula... if you are charting on FF, do you have crosshairs on the chart? My last chart didn't, but that was just because I didn't temp last cycle since I was in the middle of a big move and my thermometer was packed away.

Thanks for the replies!

Mommypaula- go to fertilityfriend.com and use their free service to track your temps and other signs (OPKs, CM, etc) if you track them. It's super easy to use and does most of the work for you!

I'm on CD32 as of today with no O in sight. Temp was lowest yet this morning, so maybe something is happening? I really hope so- I'm starting to get super frustrated with my body!!

I chart on ff its just so weird looking though I dont see it doing what everyone else is doing its way weird I started temping on cycle day 7 this month cause i just got my thermometer....I dunno maybe i am not doing it right I will see if I can post it on here and you can see it looks funky!! I guess with PCOS I should expect some funky stuff going on!! nope no cross hairs it tells me no O detected I guess cause I am not a VIP member !! My temp was low yesterday and then bounced up to 97.24 from 96.79 yesterday WTH?? I think I am FF illiterate or something?? maybe I am not O'ing till super late I also have a chart on count down to preg too.... :)

My period was a month late when I started metformin. It arrived a few days after starting. I confirmed ovulation that cycle using opks (the first time I used opks, and therefore the very first time I verified ovulation).

My next period was on time to the day (that my phone app predicted it to come)

However I have gone several days forgetting to take the morning pill, or the night pill (never both). And so my predicted ovulation this cycle was yesterday, and it didn't happen. I haven't taken an opk today yet, but yesterdays was getting darker so I know ovulation is on its way!

https://[url=https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/37b80c/]My Ovulation Chart[/url]

I'm on metformin and have been taking it for 3.5 months now. I've had success losing over 40 pounds, and I think that I've actually o'd this month! This is my first month temping, but the temps do have a definitive lower section and higher section and ff is giving me crosshairs. Last cycle I also had a bit of natural bleeding but it was spotting and only for a day.

Backstory: My hubby and I have been ttc for a year and a 1/2 now and in that time period I've not had ONE natural period. They've all been brought on by prometrium. Because of that, I know I've not ovulated either, so if ff is right, this would be a huge breakthrough cycle for me!

nope no cross hairs it tells me no O detected I guess cause I am not a VIP member !!

Nah, it will still give you crosshairs without becoming a vip member. haha! I've been trying to figure out how people post their charts too. I think I must be blind or something. :p

Ok I had a timeout cause i tried to post my chart to many times I am guessing the wrong way opps....:dohh: anyways here to try again... ok so I figured this out....I am taking my metformin for am as we speak...I am only on my second month and should be due with :witch::witch: soon.... (yes playing with smileys lol) anyways I am TTC and I am not a patient person which with infertility due to PCOS it kinda is inevitable... ya know !!! oh well it will come when it comes!! but this is the first one one I will post the one with the other cross hairs I only get if I turn off advance ovulation settings and just turn it to fertility settings. If you have PCOS I was told OPKs dont work so I have never even tried them as I dont want an extra let down!

Attachments

• chart.png
    chart.png
    21.3 KB · Views: 7
:dust:Ok here is with the settings off advanced and on fertility awarness!!

Attachments

• chart2.png
    chart2.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 9
To share the link to your chart, go to the top right and click on "sharing" and "get code". It may be easier to see your chart that way.

Dodger- congrats on O'ing!!! So exciting!!

Maybe metformin isn't working because I skipped a few days a few weeks ago and need to be more consistent with it. Or maybe I need a higher dose than once daily, although I don't know if I could handle more side effects!

How much of metformin are you taking I tried 2000mg and omg i was in the Potty TMI every few mins..so went down to 1500mg and its much better well the side effects part !! ok gonna try that hold on is it hard to read that way??

My Ovulation Chart Thanks CHatty thats much easier....hmmmm I dont know which one this is so we will see what you guys think?? :winkwink:

My Ovulation Chart here is the one without the line!!

Paula - Looks like FF is saying that you Ov'd on the 9th... although your temp drops - so that usually means that you didn't catch it. The good news though is that it did detect an Ov point. Best of luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->