Metformin success stories needed!!!

I want to be able to tell my DH by his birthday and out Anni. It would be AWEEESOME but I dont want to be that person to call and say "hey can I have my Clomid now ccause I am sooo tired of waiting" It is saying I am 11 Dpo now and I am hoping to start soon so I can get this show on the road! and dont wanna test cause I dont want the anxiety of waiting and the let down on neg even though I know pretty much thanks to my temps I am not!! SO AF needs to show her uggie self so I can get a move on!! lol
Ya My doctor gave me a nice long lecture on how i should never let them go more than 3 months at a time with nothing! It can just cause problems! SO ya gave me Prometrium and metformin and wanted to see if It helps before taking Clomid !! :)

Ya My doctor gave me a nice long lecture on how i should never let them go more than 3 months at a time with nothing! It can just cause problems! SO ya gave me Prometrium and metformin and wanted to see if It helps before taking Clomid !! :)

My doc did the same thing. Told me about how the lining can build up to dangerous levels and cause problems/cancer/etc. At my 2nd appointment with her last month, she was pleased with my progress, but wanted me to wait 4 more months to see if the prometrium/metformin combo continued to show progress and get me to a natural ovulation on it's own. Then I saw her 3 weeks later to get test results from my hubby's SA and my pelvic ultrasound and changed her mind to starting with clomid on the very next cycle. Turns out she wanted to make sure that we didn't have any other fertility issues other then ovulation! So I have my prescription in hand and I'm hoping now that I actually DON"T have to use it! :D

Haha. I am also very impatient. If I could I would be like a mad woman throwing a tantrum in the Drs office screaming at her to give me some miracle drug to make me preggers like... yesterday. haha. I think the longest cycle I have had was around 153 days... then I finally got the :witch: for a visit. Hopefully this is the cycle for all of us. It would be pretty awesome, especially for people who have been trying for a while. Or just trying in general. //hates the waiting game//

Oh don't we all Cara? Ugh. I hate hate hate waiting! The days are just dragging right now.

My longest period was something like 210 days or basically from October 15 to June 30.

Wow. That is one looong period. It's so discouraging - especially when TTC. Before I thought it was awesome going so long without :witch: visiting... then when we hit ttc I wanted to cry the longer she stayed away.

My longest has been 6 months...Only because I didnt really care if I got the:witch: or not I thougt I was done having babies. I even asked the OB to take my stuff out!! Hubby got Deployed and we decided 1 more and we are done cause we are still pretty youngish. SO now I just want to get this done and over with so we can do this. I dont think my OBGYN has alot of experience with PCOS cause I told her I have it dont ovulate on my own and need the clomid and she gave me metformin and said we will see how you do with that!! ugh I am jelly you got Clomid but I hope it is your month! :dust: :dust: I go see my Dr on the 3 so I hope I am right behind you :flower:

I am on Met right now and so far I have found that it has worked really well. It was actually my choice to try Met out first then if I don't get a bfp while on this by Dec 13 I will be telling my obgyn that I would like the clomid. I just cannot wait to have a little bean growing inside of me - and everytime I see people complain about it I want to smack them and tell the to appreciate the gift they have. Although smacking a preggo lady wouldn't look good on me. hahah.

Wow. That is one looong period. It's so discouraging - especially when TTC. Before I thought it was awesome going so long without :witch: visiting... then when we hit ttc I wanted to cry the longer she stayed away.

Yeah it was nuts and I hated it. I just felt so broken. :cry: It actually very much re-energized me when I found out I had pcos because now I knew there was something wrong that I could FIX ya know?

My longest has been 6 months...Only because I didnt really care if I got the:witch: or not I thougt I was done having babies. I even asked the OB to take my stuff out!! Hubby got Deployed and we decided 1 more and we are done cause we are still pretty youngish. SO now I just want to get this done and over with so we can do this. I dont think my OBGYN has alot of experience with PCOS cause I told her I have it dont ovulate on my own and need the clomid and she gave me metformin and said we will see how you do with that!! ugh I am jelly you got Clomid but I hope it is your month! :dust: :dust: I go see my Dr on the 3 so I hope I am right behind you :flower:

The metformin has really worked for me, but I'm glad to be moving forward since that lovely clock is ticking a bit louder every month. lol That and I keep having visions of twins.... lol I wouldn't mind twins AT ALL. :p

Yeah it was nuts and I hated it. I just felt so broken. :cry: It actually very much re-energized me when I found out I had pcos because now I knew there was something wrong that I could FIX ya know?

Yeah, I know what you mean. It makes you better when they can tell you why the bfp has happened yet - and that they can fix it.

... I keep having visions of twins.... lol I wouldn't mind twins AT ALL. :p

Twins!! I would personally cry if I had twins. Hahaha. Although I know people who would love to have twins.

Haha! I wouldn't mind because I'd love to have 2 kids and I don't know if I have it in me to go through all of this a 2nd time again. They made sure to advise me that clomid has the risk of multiples even though it's a very low chance, so I think that put the thought in my head of twins. lol

Haha. I suppose that makes sense. I know I would love to have 2 kids, although I am only hoping for 1 at a time. -Even with this trouble I am having with #1 I am hoping that when we catch the egg it will be easier going forward.

So I took clomid to get preg with my son and The dr has to let you know about mulitples...I was so scared to get twins but I got ONE little boy!! THank GOD!! lol :winkwink:
We are trying again I want a little girl something fierce...I am not a pink person but all i can see is pink lol.... the metformin seems to be working but we will see I also take vitex (a herbal clomid) and Maca root !! so we will see took pg test and :bfn: sucks!! Even though I knew just boooo... anyways HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
Keep us posted on the Clomid!! hopefuly we are right behind you !!!

I take Vitex.. I heard great things about it, so I am hoping it helps. :)

Yeah I know. lol I think it's something like a 5% chance for twins, and 1% for triplets? That's not a very high one, so it's really just the small print.

But still there. The multiples risk was why I requested Met to start off... Although if I don't get a bfp soon I will be screaming for clomid. Hahah.

I just started taking Metformin last Monday. I am up to 1000 mg this week and just started having side effects today. But I am days away from starting my first cycle on it. So I am keeping my fingers crossed it works. I haven't had too many bad side effects, but today my premenstrual cramps are not helping my tummy problems any. This medication is my only hope right now, I have PCOS, and I can't afford any other treatments. So I wish you all the luck that it works for you! Baby Dust your way!

I just started taking Metformin last Monday. I am up to 1000 mg this week and just started having side effects today. But I am days away from starting my first cycle on it. So I am keeping my fingers crossed it works. I haven't had too many bad side effects, but today my premenstrual cramps are not helping my tummy problems any. This medication is my only hope right now, I have PCOS, and I can't afford any other treatments. So I wish you all the luck that it works for you! Baby Dust your way!

Just to give you some hope, I've been on Metformin for the last 3 months and it's really done a lot for me! No bfp yet, but it's helped me get much healthier then I was, and it's brought my cycles back to working order again. I'm pretty hopeful that a bfp is just a matter of time now. :)

Yeah, Met cut my last cycle from 83 to 32 days... that's a 51 day change. Usually I have really long cycles, but that time Was good. Hopefully it works for you Care! :dust:

hey girls :)
I see it's gone quite in this thread so i will tell you about me :thumbup:

Been ntnp pregnancy now for about 5 years, actively trying for about a year now. I am on Metfomin 1500mg. My cycles were usually around 60+ days long :(
I've been on met for about 2 months now i reckon, and i had a 33 day cycle first month and a 36 days cycle on my second month :happydance:

I have till the end of January to get pregnant and if that doesn't happen then I'm onto clomid :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->