Metformin success stories needed!!!

Well upped my dose last night and nothing but a little gassy do you guys take all ur pills at one time or do u break it up through out the day like one in the am and the other in the pm. Oh also I lost two more pounds yesterday. So I am down 9 lbs in one week. Its crazy! I couldn't belive it.....

Wow 9lbs in 1 week, awesome! I don't think I have lost anything yet, but I do not have a scale lol. Have you been doing any kind of special eating or exercising along with the metformin or is that just the metformin all on its own?
I upped my dose yesterday as well, my doctor told me to take 1 with breakfast and 1 with dinner. I also had minimal symptoms, about the same a bit gassy and maybe a bit of stomach discomfort but mostly just the same.

Not really doing much to lose it I mean the met makes me feel full most of the time so my portions have been cut down and due to the bad foods making your belly bad I am trying to make healthier chioces but no exercise yet. Yes I am doing that too 500mg in morning and 5oo mg with dinner.

Wow sounds like the weight has come off pretty easy for you, I have actually found my hunger levels to be about the same to more vs when I was not on it. Maybe it is all in my head but yeah lol. I also have been having a harder time sticking to my healthy food diet, I have found myself actually craving sugary or fatty foods vs not having an issue with it really when I wast not on metformin. I am just weird lol. I guess I just need to put in more effort.

Well I caved tonight had a cheese burger from hardees and a cookie lol. I got very week in my knees and shakey tonight and had to have something so that was the closes thing to grab quick. I am having a hard time eating meals b ecause I don't get hungry like I use too.

Im not sure what cd I am on so I decided to take a opk and well it wasn't positive but it was pretty dark. Dh and I bd'd anyways. Lol. Ill post a pic of the opk.2012-02-20_19-25-51_553-1.jpg

Well ladies I got AF today...3 days early!! Definitely not liking that! Anyways, I take all 3 of my pills together at dinner time. I never really had too many side effects from it except that I don't get as hungry as I used to before I was on it and when I do eat I get full fast and cant eat as much. So with my wedding less than 3 months away, I guess I couldn't ask for a better time!! How is everyone doing today? Also, I lost another 2 pounds thus week too! I can almost fit in my skinny jeans :happydance:

...I hope everyone is doing well!

Glad to hear people are making some progress! Does the darkness/lightness of the line on OPK's actually make any difference?
Just wondering because my lines are always dark but I have never gotten a positive.

I find it really interesting that everyone is saying that they do not get hungry like the used to, and I eat just as much and my hunger levels are the same as before I started the metformin.

I may have lost some weight but I really have no idea without the scale, I feel like I look a bit smaller but all my clothes fit basically the same so I think it is all in my head lol.

And alyssa07 congrats on your upcoming wedding! I just got married in December and it was the best thing ever (so far) lol

I have always heard the test line on the opk have to be darker than the control but I too have never had one darker they have gotten pretty dark but just not darker. So I dunno. I have also heard people with pcos don't get positive opks.

Yeah I have heard that as well, about women with PCOS not getting positive OPK's. My doctor said that is not true though, because she told me I should be testing every now and then to see, and also using my ovulation scope. The ovulation scope is like my absolute favorite tool.
On another note I found a scale and weighed myself last night and I am exactly the same, and have been on metformin exactly a week today. Hopefully I get some changes soon. With my symptoms subsided I am going to try to get my butt back into the gym today or tomorrow. Just feeling a bit down that it does not seem to be working for me like it does for everyone else, I feel like its not working at all. :(

Well guess I paid for eating the burger last night , have had bad cramps and diarrhea all day.

Sorry to hear about your burger payback.

An ovulation scope is a little microscope you can use to track your ovulation.
You put a drop of saliva onto the lens and let it dry, and then look at it through the microscope.
When you are about to/are ovulating estrogen levels go up which causes the salt levels in your saliva to go up, which causes a "ferning" or "crystalline" pattern when you look at your saliva through a micrscope. When you are not ovulating it just appears as like little dots.
You start to see ferning about 3 days before you ovulate.

It is super handy and super accurate, and its reusable like forever, as long as you dont like bust the lesne or anything you just use a glasses cloth to clean the lense and voila.
It come with replaceable batteries so its just like having and endless suppy of OPK's.
I love mine! And it is so small you can just carry it anywhere.

They are pretty affordable as well, especially since they last so long.
https://www.amazon.com/Fairhaven-Fe...O1CI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329871622&sr=8-1

The only downside is that you have to remember to do it before you eat anything in the morning, but its not as bad as with BBT because you can drink water before hand, just don't eat or it changes the salinity inside your mouth.

Well worth the investment for TTC.

Any another metformin note, I am really bummed I am not really seeing any differences aside from the mild gastrointestinal side effects, hopefully I will start seeing some results when I get up to my final dose of 1700mg a day. I reallllly want this to work!
I also didn't get my butt to the gym like I wanted to, felt really depressed today.

I'm sorry to hear that the Metformin isn't doing what you want it to do! It took me a little over a week and a half of being on it to really notice a difference. I'm not sure if the Met is actually helping or hurting me. I have a pretty regular 27-28 day cycle. My LP used to be 13 days but this month, first month on Met it was only 10!! That can't be better than 13 days...? As for +opks I get them every, month so women with pcos can get positive results.

I'm sure I am just being impatient! Just have to wait and see.

I never get my period anymore without taking provera, so I really dont have any cycle to go on. I stopped taking birth control back in 2009 and after stopping that I never got a period again, that is how I found all this stuff out lol, I waited nearly a year after stopping BC to see the Dr. because I was told it could take a year for my body to re regulate.
My last provera period was in January, and the doctor told me to wait 6-8 weeks before taking provera again. I am on about 4 weeks now, so decided to wait another 4 and hopefully the metformin will help with that.

Hum the scope sounds interesting. I will have To check into it. I am sorry too that ur not seeing a difference but maybe it is doing something that your just not noticing I am very glad and excited I have lost 10 ponds but I am so afraid im not going to ovulate its very frustrating I know. I really wish I would have keeped up with my cd this month but I didn't and now im guessing where I am in my cycle. Ughhh. I think im like cd 20 or 21 . But I didn't start the metformin until beggining of last week this is my second week on it so surely it hasn't had time to help me ovulate this month. Lol well I will say one thing it sure is hard to find the right things to eat with this mess and since upping my dose I get hungry every two hours. So I have tried just snacking on healthy stuff and those 100 calorie snacks. Lol.

Yeah the OV scope is really handy.
Yeah I am sure it must be doing something, but I know that a big part of the point behind me getting the metformin is to help me lose weight, because despite all exercise and diet it just was not coming off before. Even though I was going 2 miles a day on the treadmill and some pilates type junk in my home most day, and just nothing.

And the doctor told me all it takes is losing like 5% of your body weight.

Anywho, I dk if it was metformin related but I was sooo sick last night, I just laid in bed feeling nauseous. It was really hot all night though, so it could have been that. It stayed about 72-75 and really humid all night.

Trying to stay optimistic, and hopefully I see or feel some positive changes soon!

Sorry to hear about your cycle guessing :p I know that is a pain.

It is so hard to know how fast the metformin will work, I have read so many stories about people taking it after trying for years and then taking the met and boom baby a month later.
And there were sooo many of those, and just the odd one out saying it did nothing for them, so bit hard to say.

*Update* Since upping my metformin dose I have started getting headaches, does this mean my sugar is going too low? Maybe I need to eat more frequently? Anyone else experienced/experiencing this?

Okay so like I said before im not sure on my cd but im thinking anywhere from cd 20 to 23. Well I have been checking cm as I always do. And today my cm is yellowish and kinda bloody. So tonight I wiped again and sure enough its bloodythere was clear cm with blood streaks. So now im kinda excited because this could possibly mean a few good things like ovulation spotting, implantation bleeding or af soon to be here.......what do y'all think

I am so happy to hear you got something!
It is so hard to say what this might mean since everyone is different. I know some women regularly get yellowish cervical mucus, but I have no idea why. Have you ever had yellowish cm before?

Anyways as far as determining what it is, just have to wait a day or 2 and see if your af shows up, and if not you might be in luck!
Might be worth having a bedding just in case.

I always hate how everything has to have such similar symptoms, so its hard to say whats going on. lol

But whatever it is, at least you got something!

Good luck :)

That's good news!! I'm glad something is happening for you. As for me, I'm on CD5 so nothing new here. Just waiting to ovulate. Anything else new??

I lost another pound this week. This will be my third week on met. And period is due march 11th. I am haveing thick yellow cm its not too stretchy but just a little stretchy. I really hope I ovulated this month I should be in my tww. I should be on cd 21 today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->