Mid cycle spotting TTC #3

wouldluvabub

Mumma of 2!
Reaction score
Hey! We are currently TTC #3. I have just come off the pill after being on it for a little over 3 months in the lead up to and during our overseas holiday. I was hesitant to go on it as it really messed with my body when we started TTC our first. I only had 4 cycles over 8 months before getting pregnant. Hoping that just the short amount of time I was on it this time means it won't have messed me up (wishful thinking??). I have PCOS and also Graves' disease. My second pregnancy wasn't planned but very much wanted, so no TTC history there.

So we have decided to take a relaxed approach at the moment. No charting or tracking but just going with the flow. I'm just a bit concerned as I've had some mid cycle spotting which I haven't experienced before. The few days after AF finished I had some light spotting, then about a week after that and then again today. Could this be an issue? Will it effect getting pregnant?

I had mid-cycle spotting from the time I stopped takung the pill 2 years ago, up until 2 months ago. My Dr said it was normal with no other explanation so I was pretty much stuck with it and no idea how to stop it. I decided to give accupuncture a go in January this year to assist with ttc, the accupuncturist asked me about everything to do with my cycle and tailored a treatment plan. She said it would help with the spotting (I also spot a day before af and a few days following)...and it did! She said while spotting is not necessarily abnormal it is not indicative of a great healthy cycle. I had my first session on CD3 and would normally expect spotting about a week later, I had none. I also had no spotting immediately before or after my next af. Then we conceived the next month. I don't think spotting will prevent you getting pregnant, I fell pregnant in April last year (ended in m/c) and was spotting then. If there's a practitioner in your area, I highly recommend trying accupuncture. It's also very relaxing, I really enjoy going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->