midwife apointment.......

CAOILIN

Reaction score
Im waiting for my 1st midwife appointment and I feel like it is taking foreverrrrr to come!! Its in 3 weeks... Anyone else feel like the time is dragging??

Also, does anyone know if they will definately do a scan? I hope so , I will be about 9 and a half weeks..??

x

Hey. Your midwife wont be doing a scan but they will either book one for you or refer you. I know how you feel as time drags when you're excited about something. Best of luck for a happy and healthy 9 months

I posted something like this yesterday, my first appointment is a week Tuesday but apparently all they do is check yours and your partners back ground history. Id love to have a scan as I've not yet had one, I haven't even heard the heartbeat which Id love to, to make sure baby is ok but unsure exactly what happens at this appointment yet :( x x

Yeah I haven't been having many symptoms really, just sore breasts and tiredness, and it worries me but people are telling me to relax because its still early days? x

no scan in UK at first appointment, just lots of paperwork apparently xx (got mine on tuesday)

Those are the same symptoms I have, sickness has just started to kick in now though, have been feeling sick for the past few days now lol! Can't seem to eat much because it makes me feel so sick :( You'll probably get the sickness in a few weeks so enjoy not having it lol! x x

Mine was at 9 weeks (though by dates i was 10 weeks) I had my scan thursday x

Any ladies wondering, and it may vary a little region to region in the uk, but at your first appointment they will go through a brief history for you and your partner, go through your health, check your bp, weight and take blood, give a brief summary of what you can expect in terms of appointments, give you your notes which you need to look after, and refer for an ultra sound. Can't think of anything else...you will get a scan around 12 ish weeks and depending on your size will listen to heartbeat around 16 weeks, but possibly a little later. Hope this helps :)

At your 1st appointment they will go through EVERTHING...
your and OH history
famly history
weight
hight
LOADS of blood about 6-8 tubs
it takes for ever to go though every thing but you get a good bag and loads of things to read after it.

With both my boy at my 1st 1 i passed out when she was trying to get blood out as it just wouldnt come out so drink lots of water for a few days befor you go as newly preg womans blood dosnt like getting out.

Hahah yeah that will be me I even get queasy from having my blood pressure taken sometimes :D x

i have my first booking appt with the midwife is the same day as i have my scan. My scan is at 9am and then the appt is at 1pm which means im gonna be waiting around at the hospital for 2-3 hours inbetween or have to go home and come bk again which is a bit annoying tbh

Ahhh good luck to u both!! I want my appointment day to arrive so I have an idea of when I will be getting my scan :( asked the boyfriend to buy me a doppler for christmas as I will be 12 weeks then and we can hopefully, fingers crossed, listen to the heartbeat. it will be a lovely christmas present if we can find it!!

Ahhh good luck to u both!! I want my appointment day to arrive so I have an idea of when I will be getting my scan :( asked the boyfriend to buy me a doppler for christmas as I will be 12 weeks then and we can hopefully, fingers crossed, listen to the heartbeat. it will be a lovely christmas present if we can find it!!

Awww yea that would be really nice :)

With both my boy at my 1st 1 i passed out when she was trying to get blood out as it just wouldnt come out so drink lots of water for a few days befor you go as newly preg womans blood dosnt like getting out.

I wish I'd read this advice before my appointment on Friday. My midwife really struggled to get blood from me and had to go for both arms. She said I was probably dehydrated, so should aim to drink more. I also nearly passed out!

Ganton - I'm stalking you! Come back to our thread - we miss you!! xx

I wish I'd read this advice before my appointment on Friday. My midwife really struggled to get blood from me and had to go for both arms. She said I was probably dehydrated, so should aim to drink more. I also nearly passed out!

With my 2 she had to try both arms then a baby drip thing in my hand and it still would come out but after that i drank loads of water befor my next blood and it came out really fast.

Oh god.....I have my first Midwife appointment this afternoon at 3pm. It is 8:15am at the moment.

I am really excited, but terrified!!

I have never had my blood taken before and I am so scared of needles! I have been drinking more recently as I have just been more thirsty. Think i'll get myself a large bottle of water for throughout the day.

I hope its not too bad!!!

N x

Some midwifes use a doppler at 1st appointment.

i have never hard of a m/w useing 1 at 1st app as it is to early. My last preg they didnt at all all the way throw

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->