• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

midwife app tommorow nearly 7 weeks? is it too ealry

emma4g63

Reaction score
is it too early for the first midwife app or not??
anyone else had one this early??
sure i was later last time but it was like 3 years ago!! lol

how long does the first one take??

It's a little bit early but with DS mine was at 8 weeks so not a lot later. I imagine it will be your booking in appointment so it could take quite a while. I think they say allow an hour for mine. It's filling in all the notes and maybe blood and urine tests and height and weight.

Mine's tomorrow too and I'll be less than 6 weeks, but my GP booked it that way on purpose because I've got a history of miscarriage. :shrug:

Good luck x

I had my booking in apt at 6 and a half weeks, because I was next on the list for the midwife to call and she had a slot! I think anytime between 6 and 10 weeks seems 'normal' x

I haven't got my booking in appointment until I am 1 day shy of being 12 wks pregnant, so I'm completely at the other end of the spectrum! I called and asked if it was too late as with my son I had it around 8wks, but since then have moved and now live in a different county so maybe it differs from county to county...x

Juicyg: I will be 11w 4d when I have my first midwife appt, but this is just down to there being no earlier available appts. When I had Alex I was seen by the mw at 8 weeks. Today I have called my gp's surgery with my concerns as it can take up to 3 weeks to get a scan in my area (which would make me nearly 15weeks!). They have arranged for the mw to call me when she is free where I will ask her to get the ball rolling re the scan and bloods in advance if my actual appt. Perhaps you could do something similar. x

I've got mine at 11w 3 days because I'm living in a different borough this time. My gp requested my scan at the same time I was referred to the midwife so I've got booking in appointment one week and scan the next.

I am not sure how long a scan takes for us here nor do I know if its already been booked or not.
I was later than my last pregnancy going to see the docs to register this pregnancy, I think I was around 7wks 5days or something so I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it. I may call the midwives to double check or to see if a scan has been booked as I'm having the same worries as you jenstar1976...I worry they won't be able to fit me into the allocated time to get the right measurements x

Looks like I'm still good then. I've heard nothing from the midwife or the hospital for a scan as of yet. I haven't moved, but the first time I had a midwife appointment in this area I was 8 weeks in 2012, although that ended in a miscarriage, I was 10 weeks with DD and I'm guessing I'll be around 12 weeks if they add two weeks each year...

I rang my midwife team today and was told that the scans can be done up to 14wk 6days.
I was also told that ny scan is more than likely already booked in and I will be told of when it is at my booking appointment.
Its all a little different to what I remember with my previous pregnancy, I remember going to the booking appointment at around 8wks and then she asked when I would like my scan...roughly!!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"