Midwife appintment

linz85

Reaction score
Hi all, I went to my midwife appointment today. I'm 13 weeks and as she was expecting me to be the 16 weeks she originally put me down to, she said she wont try to find the heartbeat as it cannot be found yet ( bullshit, i found my baby's heartbeat last night on my home one) and said that she now wont see me till 28 weeks?!

28 weeks?!?!

Is that normal? So I go 15 weeks without seeing anyone?

Anyone else in the UK that can shed some light on this before i ring up ranting and raving to the midwife hub thingymabob :wacko:

Your 20 week scan is classed as an appt.

Your 20 week scan is classed as an appt.

Even if i don't see anyone classed as a midwife then? All I will see at my 20 wk scan are sonographers.

Wasn't like this 2 years ago when I had my youngest.

Yep, that's it if you've no complications and it's not your first baby. I'd say if you're ever concerned to phone up though, because someone will see you. I know it feels a long time x

Yep, that's it if you've no complications and it's not your first baby. I'd say if you're ever concerned to phone up though, because someone will see you. I know it feels a long time x

Yes its my third but I'm classed as high risk due to complications around my second's birth. 15 weeks seems like such a long time to wait. Thank you for replying x:flower:

Are you having shared care or just midwife?

I have shared care and have consultant appts between the Mw appts when I'm pregnant.

That seems like quite a gap. I'm not sure where you are from but I am in Canada and regardless of how far along you are (like earlier stages) they still want to see you at least once a month

Yeah I think with your second you get...

Booking in
12 week scan
16 week appointment
20 week scan
28 week appointment and then every two weeks from 28 weeks to take measurement of bump

Thats what I had with my daughter

I didn't mind too much as I just listened to baby with my doppler regularly.

yeah appointments become scarce once you have had more than 2 bubba's if they are doing a consultant refferal for you that will come through seperately from the hospital unit they are attached to

Wow that's insane!!!!!! No way would I wait until 28 weeks I've never heard of such a thing??? She can also most definately find baby's Hb on Doppler at 13 weeks! I found mine both pregnancies at 8+5 weeks clear as day. Call back and say u are no comfortable waiting that long. Mine goes as follows:

1- first prenatal appt and viability ultrasound at 8 weeks
2. 9.5 weeks panorama genetic screening and ultrasound
3 12 week first trimester scan
4. 16 weeks scan
5. 20 week anatomy scan ( 4 chambers of heart, lungs, organs etc)
6. 28 week scan with gd test
7. 32 week scan final measurement of baby before birth etc

My OB sees his pregnant patients every 4 weeks until 36 weeks then it's weekly

That sounds like a ridiculous amount of time to wait to see your midwife. Here in New Zealand we see our midwife every 4 weeks until further on, then every 2 weeks and then weekly right at the end (public health system).

I'm in the UK. I know with my first I was at the midwife appointments lots, I seem to remember it being a bit less with my second, but I'm sure I was still seen again before my 20 week scan.

The midwife I saw today is one I don't like very much, I had her with my previous pregnancies and shes very relaxed and doesn't seem to "care". I was measuring behind by around 5 weeks with my second but she didn't bother doing anything to make sure everything was ok. It turned out, the baby was in fact huge and very cramped up and ended up getting stuck in delivery, so if she had listened to my concerns and sent me for a check up, my bad second labour could of been avoided.

I deliberately went to a different clinic with this one to see a different midwife, but low and behold, she turns up for my midwife appointment today. I want to request that I only see a different midwife but at the same time, don't want to offend her either. Grrrr!.

Doesn't matter about offending her, this is about you and your baby. You definitely should have had a growth scan- I had loads when measuring small

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->