Midwife Appointment!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by bumpyontheway, Apr 21, 2009.

1. bumpyontheway

bumpyontheway Active Member

I dont know wheather this is normal procedure (1st pregnancy) but we have our 1st midwife appointment on Thursday & only to find out that this is a 'get to know' ' meeting' appointment. I'm currently 8 weeks pregnant. Then today, I got a letter from midwife confirming appointment for 8th May & this is for an hour long, blood pressure, family history etc meeting.

I will be 10 weeks pregnant by my first real appointment & I feel really disappointed. For all the midwife knows I may have really bad family history or even have history of twins or triplets... I feel really let down that I will have to wait 2 more weeks now (I found out I was pregnant 3 weeks ago!)

Is this the normal...???

Rachel x:baby:

2. booflebump

booflebump Mummy to Toby

Its probably better than most - its usually just a booking appointment then scan, and you dont see your midwife till again till 16 weeks. If you have any concerns, Im sure she will help you with them when you see her on Thursday xxx

3. Marleysgirl

Marleysgirl Mum to a SCBU Warrior!

10 weeks? You're lucky!

I don't get to see my midwife for my booking appointment until I am 15 weeks, despite notifying the GP (and him notifying her) very early on. Seems this is the norm around here, I was told that anything up to 16 weeks is acceptable.

At least I got my scan on time (12 weeks) - yesterday - was luvverly.