Midwife Appointments

Jen_H

Reaction score
Hey,

My midwife has been pretty useless so far, with an hours notice before her first visit and then only stayed briefly as she had parked badly! This was at 9 weeks.
This may be normal but i have no idea and since then i have heard nothing.
I think i am meant to see her again at 16 weeks, but have heard nothing.....am i meant to contact her or should she be arranging this? Am a little over 16 weeks now!
This is my first pregnancy and a bit of a suprise so i have no idea how its meant to work.

Jen

when I see my midwife she always arranges my next appointment with me when I'm there, maybe you should ring her & see why you haven't been given your next appointment? x

As far as my previous pregnancys went I saw a midwife( not always the same one !) every 4 weeks til 34 weeks then every 2 weeks. But this time round I'veonly seen her twice and I'm not due to see her again now till 34 weeks and thats only cause I'm having a homebirth again and she Has to check a few things!!!! I tryed to get a 25 week app on the excuse that I needed my MATB1 and the health in pregnancy grant and she just offered to pop them through my door...
I put a post a few days ago about this as last time I had my weight, urine, blood, blood pressure and my bump felt and listened to every time I went, the only reasurances I have had this time are the scans. I can't belive how the care has dropped to near nothing and can't say I'm pleased.
As for you being a first time mum it must be awfull at least I know most of the things to look for and whats what.
The only thing is to ring and book yourself an appointment when you feel you need one IE every 4 weeks or so up till near the end... they can't refuse to see you and at the end of the day your entitled to the care. It's always better to be safe than sorry and if you wait around for them they just assume your fine.
Good luck

have you had your scan? You should maybe phone her and ask her whats going on! I think thats shocking that she hasnt been in touch or told you when your next apponitment is!

xxx

I wouldn't rely on waiting for the midwife to arrange meetings. Midwives normally have many women on their books and depending on where you are, as some areas work differently to others, women need take some responsibility to arrange their own antenatal appointments. Unless of course you make arrangements for the next appointment whilst at your current apointment. :)

My MW always books in the next appointment/s at each visit so you should probably chase her. She sounds a bit pants!

Give her a call. Each time i see my MW she will tell me when she will next need to see me so i just call her and arrange an appropriate time with her.

Thanks.....i have no idea about what to expect at all. So i wasn't sure what to do, but i will give her a call tomorrow and see what she says. I had my scan 5 weeks ago and the hispital was brilliant, its just the midwife i am not a particular fan of. She was pretty slap dash and to be honnest it doesnt exactly fill me with confindence as her things or taking adivce from her.
What is meant to happen at the 16 week appointment?

Thanks.....i have no idea about what to expect at all. So i wasn't sure what to do, but i will give her a call tomorrow and see what she says. I had my scan 5 weeks ago and the hispital was brilliant, its just the midwife i am not a particular fan of. She was pretty slap dash and to be honnest it doesnt exactly fill me with confindence as her things or taking adivce from her.
What is meant to happen at the 16 week appointment?

just the usual checks like urine, BP & basically asking how you are. at my 16 week appointment she used the doppler to hear bubs' heartbeat! :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->