Midwife appts please answer

SPN1304

new mummy to baby boy :-)
Reaction score
This is kind of in another post but I just wanted to get some more answers as its not the focus of the previous post so people may not see it.

I am 25 weeks today, the last time I saw my midwife was at 16 weeks. I was told other than my 20 week scan I would not see anyone till 28 weeks for my 28 week appt and the GTT.

Does this sound right? Everyone else seems to have had a 25 weeks appt at least? I dont want to have missed appts if I have been told wrong. What if something should have be looked at and I have been oblivious :cry:

Can someone say what appts we are suppose to have do they differ in places?

I have no idea in the UK, but in the US we are seen every 4 wks until we hit the 3rd tri and then it's every 3 wks for 1 month, and then every 2 wks until 38 wks and then every week. I honestly don't know how you all stand it. At the very least someone should be checking your blood pressure in case you develop early pre-eclampsia!

Here I had a 16 wk appointment ... then 20week (Half-way appointment) and now I will be having on 24th...... Yep 4 weeks..Or rather Monthly Appointment
EDIT : Previous post says it right.. u should be getting ur bp and protein and sugar checked at least monthly dear

ok thanks for the replies I think I should give my surgery or midwife a call and speak to them. I will be cross if I have been told wrong at my 16 week appt.

No, I'm the same.......was seen at 16 weeks, will have my 20 week scan next week, and then seen again by midwife at end of March at 28 weeks and after that it gets a bit more frequent. It is a very long time but if I feel that theres something wrong between now and then I'll be on that phone straight away........its rubbish but thats lack of money and lack of midwives for you x

and you need your MATB1 if your employed, most employers want it by your 15th week before EWC. My next one is 25 weeks, however i have generally not been impressed at all by midwifery service.x

I have no idea in the UK, but in the US we are seen every 4 wks until we hit the 3rd tri and then it's every 3 wks for 1 month, and then every 2 wks until 38 wks and then every week. I honestly don't know how you all stand it. At the very least someone should be checking your blood pressure in case you develop early pre-eclampsia!

This is exactly the procedure here in Sydney.

me to. Have a 16 w appt ,20 week scan then nothing till 28 weeks x

I'm in Wales and I was last seen 2 weeks ago just 15wks and 2 days to have my bloods taken. I've got my scan booked at 20 weeks and I've been told to ring the midwives after my scan to inform them all ok and they give appointment date around 24 weeks.

If I was you ring after your scan, just to confirm your next appointment.

That sounds decidedly odd. Can't be that they just leave you hanging from 16 weeks till 28 weeks. Even over here we get an appt every 4 weeks, then every 3 weeks in 3rd tri.

if you had a 25 week appointment then waiting till 28 weeks is quite normal, it will change in different areas quite drastically. i got booked in at 5 weeks and dont see mine till 22 weeks then nothing till 30 weeks plus, uve just had urs slightly earlier.

I get one every four weeks starting at 16 weeks. They also want to see me after the 20 week just to make sure it's ok. I'd phone and ask hon. Every district is different though so it maybe the case.

I last saw my midwife at 16 weeks and my next appointment with her is at 28 weeks so normal, same when i was pregnant with my boys

Im having to see the consultant and have scans every four weeks though as its twins

mines in my book at home when i should have app... i did see if its your second or third they give you less app...

il check and find out when will be my next one, i got my 16 week one today :)

It's daft, it's apparently 25 weeks if first baby, 28 weeks if it's your 2nd or more, bloody ridiculous :(

I had a 21 week appointment AND I have a 25 week one booked, then the next one will be 28 weeks. Most people get at least a 25 week one for their MatB1 form (though I got mine at 21 weeks).

If its your first baby think you are supposed to have one at 25 weeks, if not you normally wait until 28 x

I had 20 week scan @ hospital with a midwife check there and then 24 weeks @ the community midwife and then I go back to the hospital for my 28 week & GTT. it's my 1st, so perhaps that is why?

Sounds abit strange. I had my 20 week scan but skipped seeing the midwife as I didn't need to, then just had my 25 week midwife appointment lady week and my next is when I'm 28 weeks .. Then its every 3 weeks uptil birth.

havent had any appointment since my booking in one at 9wks ill see her next wek though and ill be 23wks lol if your not high risk they dont see you as often although if its your first baby they see you a little bit more you wont see them too often until your closer to the end from 36wks they see you every week for instance

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->