Midwife called

vicwick

Expecting baba #2
Reaction score
well it was the nurse on her behalf cos they wanna change my booking in app from new years eve to the 15th JANUARY!!!!! WTF why 2 weeks later???? I asked if i could just keep it as i'm back to work in Jan from my Mat leave and don't wanna have to take the afternoon off to go to the app, i don't wanna tell work til after my scan so would mean finding an excuse to get the time on my 2nd day back to work after 14 months off, can't imagine that would go down well lol

She basically said they wanna change it cos its an "awkward time for everyone" I'm gonna be really huffed if i have to change it :cry: bet it means my scan will be 2 weeks later aswell

Awww vickvick :hugs:I'm sure you were just trying to maintain your sanity until the first appointment but now longer can really make you :wacko: When I called to make my appt today and the woman said Jan 7th, it seemed like she told me 2 years from now. I hope the time goes by fast for you or even better, they have a cancellation and can get you in earlier!

Oh no, thats crap hope something else comes up closer x

that sucks hun, its silly that the date doesnt suit them....but what about you, your the client they should fit it to suit you!! i hope they work something out!

That sucks, but surely thats its just the MW appt that will change your scan date should stay the same? Have you already got your scan date? They cant do it much past 12 weeks anyway can they? xx

That sucks, but surely thats its just the MW appt that will change your scan date should stay the same? Have you already got your scan date? They cant do it much past 12 weeks anyway can they? xx

They normally book the scan date off the back of this appointment so means i would not get my scan as early :cry: My friend who is now 38 weeks didn't have hers til she was 10 weeks tghen her scan wasn't til she was 14 WEEKS i will be so upset if that happens!!! I'm too impatienet to wait that long lol

I'm hoping she's gonna call back today and tell me i can have the 31st but i doubt it!! I just don't understand why she has said the 15th instead of the 7th or 8th???? its like 2 extra weeks aaarrrggghhhhh

I honestly thought i'd be more chilled with my second, obviously not lol

Has she called yet hun? I'd put my foot down when she does if I were you. If she's been accidentally double-booked it would be more understandable, but I don't see why you should give up your appt because it's awkward for them. I'm sure it's even more awkward for you to have to make this change, so be sure to make them aware of that.

If they insist on the change, tell them you want the new appt details and the reason for the rescheduling in writing as you need to show your employer. Bet that will make things awkward for them. ;)

That's rubbish :( two weeks later is just terrible xx

Still heard nothing from them :shrug:

I will insist on the appointment as it makes it so much worse for me cos of work and everything plus i don't want my scan to be at 14 weeks thats WAY too long to wait i'd go :wacko:

Wonder if they say it HAS to be changed i can ask they request a scan before my app to be sure i get one sooner rather than later

bet its all because they want the xmas hols off grrrrrrrr

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->