Midwife couldn't find the heartbeat on doppler..[update]

MyFavSurprise

Reaction score
I'm a little nervous as my midwife tried for a long time today to find the heartbeat on the doppler but no luck. I'm 11 weeks 2 days today, has this happened to anybody else and baby was okay? She scheduled me for an ultrasound tomorrow morning to check and make sure..

I'm a little nervous as my midwife tried for a long time today to find the heartbeat on the doppler but no luck. I'm 11 weeks 2 days today, has this happened to anybody else and baby was okay? She scheduled me for an ultrasound tomorrow morning to check and make sure..

In the UK, MW don't routinely use a doppler until at least 16 weeks (in some cases 24 weeks) for the reasons above. My MW tried from week 13 to reassure me due to bleeding and she couldn't find it until 17 weeks. As you can see from my ticker, I'm now 34 weeks, so try not to panic. It is still very early.

As PP said most midwives won't even try until 16 weeks I know mine won't, just because it is so difficult to find and it won't stress the mother.

I wouldn't worry

X

Its still toi soon to find a heart beat ive tried for a while and cant find my babys heart beat x

My OB couldn't find DD's heartbeat at the 12 week appointment, so I got a quick ultrasound instead. She was able to find it at the 16 week appointment. DD was just fine! Good luck :hugs:

I couldnt consecutively find my little boy until 14 weeks. At 11 weeks i couldnt find him either. Also the time of the day is what matters to, as if you do it during their inactive time they may be hiding more etc. I found that i had to use my doppler at home earlier in the day as thats when he was more active and wasnt hiding. Now at 25 weeks i can find him at any time.

Thank you all so much, that makes me feel so much better. She didn't seem worried but she also had said that usually between 10-12 weeks they can find it and I remember they found my son's right away so I was naturally a little concerned...but now I feel much better, I'll update after the scan tomorrow, thank you all again

Sure all is fine. I have been able to find mine on the odd occasion. But I haven't been able to find it more than I have. Was probably just hiding. My friends Mw couldn't find hers at 17 weeks and she had a scan and all was fine. Good luck today. Sure it will be ok. All the best. They just have some much room to swim around and hide xx

I bet you end up having a lovely scan. <3 My OB told me that she doesn't like to even try with the doppler before 14-16 weeks because it leads to panic when she can't find anything.

Had my scan and saw baby moving around in there! All over the place, it was great... couldn't see too much cuz it was just a basic machine but everything is good! Measuring 3 days ahead, saw arms and legs..heard the heartbeat. She found it with the ultrasound machine and then tried with the doppler in the exact same place and still nothing heh

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"