midwife freaked me out :( consultants doctor messed up can i force induction?

Wriggley

Reaction score
Hi all

Just got back from my midwife appointment and feeling really stressed.

I am under a consultant for various pregnancy complications and one of them is a low papp-a level - which means placenta is not working as well as it should. :(

I havnt actually seen my consultant since 20 weeks - i been seeing different doctor staff members who work in his clinic.

Saw one last week who asked me if i had any more consultant appointments booked and i said no and she said that meant i didnt need any more appointments.

couple of days later i get appointment through the post for next week which i ring up and they explained i needed appointment at 38 weeks. so basically she should have booked me another appointment.

I have been to see my midwife today who asked if i have got my induction booked for 40 weeks. i told her no and that no one had said anything about being induced and explained how the consultants doctor said i didnt need any more consultant appointments and had signed me out the clinic and said my care for rest of prewgnancy was with my normal midwife.

midwife was not impressed at all. she said i definetly need another appointment (which i have next tuesday) because the low papp-a means my placenta could fail. :(:(:(

she told me to sort out the induction at the appointment because its important i dont go over due because of the low papp-a and then went on to tell me she had a lady whos baby died because she had low papp-a and went over due so now im really freaked out!

because they never mentioned induction and the woman signed me out the clinic im worried they will refuse to induce me at 40 weeks

should i ring up the hospital and try and sort it so i see the actual consultant next week? and not one of the doctors - i seen a few doctors in the clinic and each one has told me something different :(

can i force the induction im really worried now

Could your Midwife give you a letter to back up her thoughts for induction? You could then take that to your appointment next week just in case they do try to deny you.

she has said to see what they say next week as they normally book 2 weeks ahead which will be about right i just worried they wont book it seeing as i was signed out they didnt have plans to induce at least the woman who signed me out didnt :(

Oh my gosh how stressful!! I don't have anny hug probs just poly n it stresses me out seeing 1 of 5 drs diff at every app

If I were u when u go in talk to them n if they don't do what u feel comf with kick up a fit! I mean I would go into toddler mode lol I hope u get this worked out doll!

Firstly your midwife should have never told you that story!

Have you had extra scans in this pregnancy because of the low Papp-A? If they were normal and showed good growth/ dopplers then I would relax and wait for what your Consultant appt says.

They would induce you if indicated, the Papp-a has been shown to indicate smaller baby's due to placenta problems but if your scans have ruled this out then I wouldn't worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->