• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

midwife keeps forgetting me...

wemustntpanic

Reaction score
For the third time my midwife has not made a proper record of an arranged appointment with me and forgotten me :(

Supposed to be booking an induction for later this week and trying a second sweep but when she called on Friday to my house she didn't write me in her book and now she hasn't turned up! It's the third time she's done this now... Last couple of times appointments were at least in the surgery so she managed to squeeze me in but this time she was supposed to come to my house. She's a nice midwife but really doesn't have enough of a system to make apointments :(

41 weeks and 2 days today so don't really want to leave it but don't like to harrass people. Suppose I'll have to ring the surgery.

Sorry rant over! ;)

Oh I'd be really annoyed too! At the end of the day you have to build some sort of a relationship with her and build trust and this definitely isn't working. I'd mention it to her (in a nice way) and say its making you feel really uncomfortable.
You'd think that even after forgetting you once she'd make sure she wouldn't do that again with you!
X

Mine has done this three times. Each time I've had to ring and, despite her having the appointment in the diary, she's 'forgotten' to check it.

The first time she turned up two hours later, the next two over an hour later.

The annoying thing is, she's lovely but I feel like I don't trust her because of her lack of organisation.

I'm 38+2 and no idea how sweeps/inductions will work if I need them!

It's really not on. You need to feel that you are in safe hands and if she can't even turn up the appointment it doesn't fill you with confidence!! Saying that I hate confrontation and complaining :)

I think I would ring the surgery, but I also think after baby was born (and she wasn't your midwife anymore) I would have to let either her or her superiors know. She needs to change her work habits or she is going to let a lot more women down in the future.

Hope she turns up soon. I am shaking my fist at her for you xxx

Thank you :)

Turns out she's not coming now :-S and she's not working tomorrow so she's told me to ring a clinic i've never been to before tomorrow to see if they can squeeze me in... No word about booking an induction either. Very frustrating, she's made out all along that it's dangerous to go over 40 + 11 and I'll be that on Wednesday and yet now she hasn't bothered to book anything!

I know a few days over won't hurt but just would be nice to know what was going on. :(

Grrrr my midwife has also forgotten me a few time lucky im not as far on as you but i felt quite hurt by it like i just wasnt that important to her. Grrrr i would call her supervisor and complain and tell her you want an induction date given to you today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"