Midwife - normal practice?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by minichicky, Aug 25, 2009.

1. minichicky

minichicky mummy to isaac

I just had a call from my midwife,
    In march I suffered a MMC a week after I had my first midwife appointment at my home. I took my notes to the hospital with me and they kept them.
    Ive just had a call from the midwife re this pregnancy. She asked if I needed to see her, if everything was ok and I remembered everything from last time. I am Ok with all of this so she said she would make me a double appointment with the surgery for a couple of weeks time.
    Have I made the right decision going along with this? From what I remember from the last time, all she did was take my details etc which can wait.
    I already have my scan appointment and I feel fine and dont really have anything I want to discuss with her at the moment

2. littledemonme

littledemonme Well-Known Member

It's different everywhere. The only reason I've seen my midwife was because when I asked my doctor for an early scan - which I was promised because of mmc, she booked me in with the midwife so the midwife could tell me no!
    Last time I had appointments at 6 and 10 weeks, but there's not a lot to tell you at 6 weeks other than what not to eat and to keep active and they can't do bloods until 9 weeks (probably different in your pct too!) so am not going back to see her till 10 weeks.
    Good luck with your scan!

3. minichicky

minichicky mummy to isaac

Thanks hun
    I sometimes think reading these boards dosen't always help! I keep reading threads about people desperate to see the midwife but Im quite happy to wait. I know I can call if I have any questions and that first appointment last time was a bit of a let down as she didnt really do anything!
    She has called me back with the appointment and its the morning of the scan! I would rather it be the other way around as I last her less than a week before the MMC but hey ho. Proper BABY day for me and hub 16th September!