midwife pressing hard ultrasound...

lilmor07

expecting a spring baby!
Reaction score
hey I had my scan yesterday and the midwife was pressing really hard and I'm still sore? Has anyone else had this experience? xx

Yeah I had this in my last pregnancy. When you are only a few weeks they can find it hard to get to baby. I remember being sore for a little while afterwards.

Yep had my first scan yesterday at 12 weeks and they pressed super hard. Especially as they had to wake baby to take measurements and I was absolutely desperate for a wee and they were 20 minutes late for the appointment and I thought I might wet myself!

Not during pregnancy, but when I went for a US on my fibroids, they pressed very hard due to my womb being retroverted and thus more difficult for them to see.

Yeh they do have to press quite hard, it is normal so I wouldn't worry :)

Thanks girls, noone had ever said so I wasnt expecting it! xx

Yep :( I've had three ultrasound do far and they've all hurt. Two were done by the same ultrasound tech and those hurt the worst. The third hurt less, but still pretty bad. No one had ever mentioned that being a possibility to me either. I think it depends on your weight (I'm overweight and carry most of my extra pounds in my abdomen) and the skill of the person doing the ultrasound. Hopefully your next one is not so painful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"