midwife question

clarkie_TTC

expecting our 1st!!!!
Reaction score
have you all got a primary midwife????

i am being pushed and pulled between my doctors and hospital!!!

when i had my booking in meeting with midwife i was told to go back to my doctor for my 16 week check up!!! when i went there wednesday my doctor had a go at me saying i should be going to the hospital and not wasting her time!!! i said i was only doing as i was told and that it was impossible to get a midwife appointment at the doctors because she is not available until the end of sept!!!!

so all she checked was my blood pressure - no urine sample!! no heartbeat!!!

what should i do???? :cry:

hiya hun r u in the uk? this happened to me at 12 week scan seen a midwfie and she said to get an appointment with my midwife at my gp! anyway at 16 weeks tried to make an appointment and was told my gp doesnt do it :S got fgivin loads of numbers to ring which when ringin them they where all other gps and they all said i couldnt see their midwife because i wasnt in their surgery! anyway by this time i was panickin and thought i had done something wrong or missed what i was suposed to do? anyway on my notes it had numbers of midwifes to contact! so anyway i rung all around these midwifes and then left a message on ones answer machine and she rung back later tellin me to go see her at the local hospital the next day :) and it was a antenatal clinic i went to see her so i sugest eitha ringin the numbers on ur notes or look up antenatal clinics in ur area! hope ive helped they are crappy the nhs! <3 xxx

oohh how horrible!!!!! I am consultant led care as you know so basically am at the hospital every two weeks for the next month - my next GP appointment with the midwife is at 23 weeks. When I first went for my dating scan the Hospital Midwife said I should have a 16 weeks appointment but when I called to make one with the surgery they said it wasnt necessary AARGGHHH. I had a scan at 16 weeks anyway so wasnt fussed but it is confusing I agree.

Personally I am far happier with the service I have received at my hopital than my gp surgery so would try to go there rather than the surgery if I had a choice. DO you hospital have a antenatal clinic - can you call them as ask them if you could have a check up there instead of with the gp midwife?

big hugs and GGRRRR to wasting her time!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks girls, ill try and get throught to the hospital and see what they say x

tbh my lovely when I went on tues I had the scan (but wasnt supposed to as a general rule) they took my blood pressure and checked urine for protein I think - so dont think much happens at the 16 weeks appointment anyway xxxxxxxxxxxx

Well u will hear the heartbeat at 16 weeks tho :) so it is nice to go :) i prefer just seein the midwifes more they ask u if uve felt the baby and that too and write it down good luck :) <3 xx

Well u will hear the heartbeat at 16 weeks tho :) so it is nice to go :) i prefer just seein the midwifes more they ask u if uve felt the baby and that too and write it down good luck :) <3 xx

ahhh yes doh - I had a scan so the heartbeat bit wasnt necessary - deffo I would go somewhere at 16 weeks xxxxxxxxx

Ive not seen the same midwife twice. I go to a childrens center thats at a primary school for my midwife appointments from now on tho, and will be seeing the same midwife from now on. O and at my 16 week appointment she didnt check heartbeat either xx

I've seen a different midwife every visit, even though the first midwife I saw said she'd be the only one I see. My notes also say that I'm under consultant led care and their initials are CLK, but I haven't met any consultants and have no idea what his/her initials stand for or how to contact them, where they're based or anything! Doesn't instill much confidence does it????

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->