Midwife thinks il go early!

Laurenmomma

Reaction score
Had a midwife appointment today at 32+1, if was a covering midwife and she was lovely, the best Iv seen so far really reassuring and actually had time to speak to me!

Told her Iv been losing my plug for about a week as well as having some regular and painful BH as well as everything else going on.

Basically she said she did think baby was just showing signs of Getting ready, baby is head down really low in a good position although back to back!

She asked about my workload which is hectic working long hard hours and when I get home I have a 3,5 and 6 year old to sort out before I get myself toast for tea! Basically I'm doing too much which I kind of Knew!

I havnt planned my maternity leave until 15th June as I have an important meeting that week however work are arseholes so I'm thinking of going earlier anyway. Middle child currently has chicken pox so I'm off with him and work are only bothered about letting me know I won't be getting paid! Like that's a priority when he has nowhere to go!

Anyway she said from my examination and hearing symptoms etc she said she thinks I will go early but how accurate can they be?

My last was born at 39 weeks but I already feel like things have changed so much with my body!

Has anyone been told they will go early but havnt?

My first was born at 36+6 and my twins at 35+3, both due to pprom (preterm premature rupture of the membranes)
I was told it was highly unlikely I'd go to term with this one. Well I've made it this far and just waiting and wishing my water would break now!! I think it messed with my head being told I'll go early bc now I feel overdue.

They can only guess. There is no way of being able to predict when a baby will arrive unless it's a scheduled C-Section! They shouldn't tell women they will most likely go early because it's not based on anything scientific. There are certain factors which can contribute to making you go early but in the case of a normal pregnancy it's a hormonal shift between the surfactant on the babies lungs and the mother's hormones that triggers labour so how would someone predict that?

It just gives unnecessary hope. That's not to say you won't go early, there is a 50% change between going early or going late.

Not accurate I'm afraid, braxton hicks become stronger/more noticeable with every pregnancy. I had an irritable uterus last time, same again and I have bouts of painful braxton hicks that are are 3/5 minutes apart for several hours which if I hadn't' experienced before I could have mistaken for labour. I was induced 2 days before my due date with no sign of going into labour naturally any time soon.

I don't think any midwife can predict when labour will happen. I was the opposite with my first pregnancy. At 38 weeks my midwife said I would probably go overdue.. I'd had no symptoms of ANYTHING happening, no plug loss, baby wasn't engaged.. nothing, so she was convinced she would make a late appearance. 12hrs after that appointment my waters broke and 4hrs after that my daughter was here 😂😂

My sister got told she would go early with both her babies because they measured ahead, they were engaged, blah blah blah... she ended up being induced with both around 41 weeks! I think she would have been okay with going over except that her OB and the MW had put it in her head that she'd go early so she was really over it by the time they finally came!

Agree with most others, I was told I'd go early with dd1 and I felt so upset when I passed 39 weeks, my water did even up breaking at 39+5 So a little "early" but I was expecting 38 weeks so it felt very long to go 12 extra days and I was very emotional and I think that led to more stress!! My friend was also told that she'd go early and baby was induced at 41+4 ... so I tell everyone take that with a grain or salt lol

Haha oh god don't get my hopes up then!

good job really as I don't have my bag or anything ����

Yep, with my 2nd and 3rd LO's I was assured by my MW that I wouldn't go to my due date. It seems like most of the mums I know were told the same by at least 1 MW/consultant so I didn't really believe it. With my 2nd I'd been losing plug, having regular BH's from 28 weeks and then started to dilate and contract so I did wonder, but it settled to nothing (luckily as I was 36 weeks at this point and obviously didn't want LO to come then).

I had labour with my sin stopped at 24+2 ,bed redt etc and still went over dd so personally i would say its a guess. I was tild repeatedly i wouldnt make my due date but i did x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->