Midwife this morning..

missjacey44

Jacey & Baby Tye
Reaction score
Midwife came everything is ok with baby and the pains im having are 'normal' and my body getting ready.. so where the hell is this baby?!!! lol

But i am due on sunday and she has booked to come back on friday(41+5, if baby isnt here by then) But she didnt actually mention anything about a sweep or anything, Surely at 41+5 i should be having a sweep or something? But im wondering because she didnt even mention it and because she comes to my home, Is she able to do it at home? Do they usually tell you before your going to have a sweep or just do it when you see them if your overdue :S

Do you think its worth booking in with the community midwife for tuesday at the surgery and maybe she will be more helpfull and explain what is going to happen & when if baby is late

if its a home appt then she can do a sweep there and then if she decides that she wants to. They would normally sweep before planning an induction unless there is a risk to baby which i doubt there is in your case. Maybe book in on tues for peace of mind?

I agree- I would maybe book tuesday so you can maybe get a 2nd opinion. Glad baby is well. I think I was very lucky to get my sweep so early- and I didn't even mention it! Fingers crossed because of what you have been feeling you won't need a sweep and babs is on the way.
D
x

Book in on Tuesday anyway - you never know - she might do a sweep if you ask nicely!! Good luck x

Just ask for one! They dont like doing them early, but your overdue, there should be no reasonnot to now!

I would just ask for one. Glad babes and you are fine! ;)

I'd soooooooo be asking for one!! I'm really glad that on my 40 week appointment they give u the date of induction and everything... so glad i wont be left not knowing!!

I'd soooooooo be asking for one!! I'm really glad that on my 40 week appointment they give u the date of induction and everything... so glad i wont be left not knowing!!

I know im a little anoyed that im left not knowing!! My friends round here had there induction booked at there 40week apointment and stuff aswell.
I feel as though my midwife is leaving it abit late waiting untill next friday when ill be basically one week over. :hissy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->