Midwife today - Can anyone help..??

glong88

Mummy to 2 boys and a princess
Reaction score
Ok so basically I have been feeling alot less movement over the last 10days or so, really only feeling him when I lay down. I told midwife who had a feel about and has noted that under the relation to brim I am 3/5 - what does this excalty mean??

Also she is sending me to be monitored up the hospital for heartbeat/movement - but reckons this change is due to babies head being low down..

Anyone help I am only 33 weeks today:shrug:??:flower:

what time you got her?
not much else i can say but they will be able to tell if anything wrong IF ANYTHING at the monitoring. I am sure all is fine they just check to be on safe side.
xxx

This is about the engagement,

PP (presenting Part) relation to Brim (of pelvis)

5/5 - head 'free' and not in the pelvis but above it.
4/5 - just has the top of their head in the pelvis can bob in and out.
3/5 - head in a good position in the pelvis, normally stays like this until labour.
2/5 - most of the head in the pelvis.
1/5 - normally the female would be in labour by this stage as the head is only just palpable from above the pelvis.
0/5 - head totally in the pelvis, birth almost certainly going to happen soon, cervix would be fully dialated.

https://www.goddessmums.com/index.php?pid=14

I told midwife who had a feel about and has noted that under the relation to brim I am 3/5 - what does this excalty mean?

This means you still have 3/5ths of the baby's head 'free-floating' or palpable, and that 2/5th are engaged :)

My appt is at 3pm, so fingers crossed everything is Okay.

Is it normal to be 3/5 then at 33 weeks?

You can start engaging at any time - some early, some just before the EDD....and some babies don't engage until labour starts. It's very variable and normal :)

I feel like my twin 1 has moved down and am 33 weeks too xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->