Midwife ?!

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Well I think I'm a little pissed off & not sure I should have seen her by now!

When I seen the MW first time at 6 weeks she said to me she wouldn't arrange my booking appointment because of my past - I was sat nervously etc but when I had scan at 6.6 weeks if bubs was in womb to ring & sort it if she had not rang before as she put it in her diary to ring EPU to see if all was ok & she may ring me first. So I rang & got a diff MW who wasn't too helpful infact it was like she had no idea what I was on about & did nothing. I then had no idea about my dating scan so I arranged to go see one of them which I did & she nearly didn't put my dating card request in ... I didn't quite understand but she did anyway & obviously had my scan Friday gone. Well since I've heard nothing. Should I have been contacted or even seen by now?

After I had my 12 weeks scan the MW booked me in to see her. That is a crucial appointment where they go over a lot of different things with you.

Id be phoning and booking in an appt yourself-I have done this loads of times.

Dont wait on them as u could be waiting forever :hugs:

Yer I'll ring ...

I move on Sunday had hoped to see someone before that defo. Just so ARGH when she told me she'd have booked it that day only wanted to see how I was so I didn't get letters than could be upsetting then did nothing.

well I rang & the woman I spoke to sort of knows of me from when they were trying to get me sorted with just moving here however she was clueless to what is next & said at one point "we just moved building & we're not sure if some records have gone awol in the process" WTF! Not impressed :cry:

Thats shockin wobs, how was it left is she goin to see u?
xx

Have to wait to hear frm them. She said shes gonna try trace my records and the MW who booked my dating scan will be about tomorrow!

Knobs ...

I've always booked myself in TBH ....

Like i've said B4 MWs are a law unto themselves lol

xxx

Thats appaling, i didn't have an appointment til i was16 weeks after scan, with Alisha and Kayleigh, can't remember with Gabriel too long ago. Ie had scan 12 weeks then saw mw at 16 weeks, scan at 20 weeks mw appt at 24 (or 26 this time). With 1 st baby appts are norm ev 4 weeks, until 34 weeks, then 36, 38, 39, and 40 weeks i think, is different where ever you live and whther or not 1 st baby. My mw has always marked on my notes at what stage have appts, and always made next appt when i saw her.

Hope u get something sorted soon:hugs:. Maternity care is defo gettin worse.

Sorry to hear you are being messed about hun :hugs: you'd have thought they'd see you more quickly after your past :hugs: I really hope they get their asses in gear soon and you get an appointment very soon. You should have your 15 week appointment in about 3 weeks so you need to push for that :hugs:

Sorry your being messed about like this.

I have my booking in appointment with the midwife next Tuesday !

Aww Wobbles that is disgusting! Deffo chase them to make an appointment. Hope you get something sorted soon.

Hopefully they will manage to contact me tomorrow *sigh*

Shame u not live closer you'd love my MW she ace!!!

Hope u get appointment thru hun, keep peseterin

xxx

She rang. Booked for Monday in new house :D

I didnt see my midwife til around 12 weeks and my first scan was 14 weeks, I wouldn't worry too much, dont think it really matters, but with your past you would think they would have had you booked in by now, keep pestering them, they will take the hint eventually xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->