Midwives and HV home visits...

Kimboowee

Complete
Reaction score
For my next app (36 weeks) my midwifes coming to my house. Why lol?

&

Also why does the HV have to come round too?

Im worried they think im not fit or something...

my midwife is coming to mine next week ill be 38 weeks then, but she said the only reason is because i didnt have any parent craft classes and i need to know a few things she couldnt say in appt.

did u have ur classes?

I've never had that before hun...sorry I couldn't help xox

Thats strange, I'm supposed to be seeing my MW every two weeks but shes too busy to fit me in so have to wait a month instead, but when I do see her its always at the docs surgery, altho I did meet the HV at my last appointment.

Policy in durham is for them not to come till after birth, unless you cant get to them

However i know 2 people in the next counties over have had home visits too.
Think it just depends on policy hun. Lets face it theyll be round sooner or later

Mine mentioned she would come round too -I think it's either to a) see what you live like ( not like something off 'How clean is your house' or b) to save you going far when youre due.

health visitor will prolly just be introducing herself to you and as far a I know they only come to your house, you never visit them (?)

Personally i'd rather just go to see her cos i'm a bit funny abotu having people in the hosue, but if you said that they might be suspicious or somehting.

This is my 4th and my HV as still been to see me its normal MW can come to ur house or u go to them it means nothing xxx

my midwife is coming to mine next week ill be 38 weeks then, but she said the only reason is because i didnt have any parent craft classes and i need to know a few things she couldnt say in appt.

did u have ur classes?

My midwifes new and said by the time she gets to organise classes i'll be 38 weeks. Maybe thats why...

my midwifes on my first 2 did this, they said it was just easier for me and to be honest i didnt really mind lol saved me waddling down there :)

All of my mw appointments have been at home !

We have community midwives in our area so they nearly always come to your house or I think there is a clinic once a week (with each mw) at first I thought it was great as don't have to bother going to surgery but my mw likes to turn up whenever she fancies and doesn't bother to call/apologise if late !!

I actually wish I went to the surgery now as at least I would have a set time !

I think the hv comes basically to check you are coping with the baby and go through any concerns you might have like breast feeding, babys weight etc.

All of my mw appointments have been at home !

We have community midwives in our area so they nearly always come to your house or I think there is a clinic once a week (with each mw) at first I thought it was great as don't have to bother going to surgery but my mw likes to turn up whenever she fancies and doesn't bother to call/apologise if late !!

I actually wish I went to the surgery now as at least I would have a set time !

I think the hv comes basically to check you are coping with the baby and go through any concerns you might have like breast feeding, babys weight etc.

She didn't give me a set time either. Its OHs day off work lol so he can go out by himself while i sit in.

The HV is coming beforehand though, thats what i dont get, i've not had him yet! Suppose i'll have to wait and see!

They do home visits in my area too and i asked her why and she said its simply to check that your home is suitable to bring a baby home to. For example you have heating and hot water etc. I felt like being sarcastic and saying well its not a cardboard box but then i thought that its a good thing they do it coz you'd be suprised at how some people live xx

my mw said to me today that my 36 week appointment she is going to come to me,as i find it difficult to get out due to the spd and i cannot get up on the couch so she can check baby,i wouldnt read too much into it

I had my last MW visit booked at my home, but didn't need it. I was told that it was easier if they needed to do a sweep and it was easier for the mum not to have to worry about getting there etc. I think some midwifes do and some don't! xx
I think the HV calling at your home is probably to do with not being able to make appointments at clinics etc due to feeds and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->