Might be a silly question but what do babies actually wear???

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by little_em, Dec 21, 2009.

1. little_em

little_em Mammy to Charlie

Ok so I know this sounds like a really daft question, but do newborns wear proper little outfits or do they just wear rompers and stuff?
    Im just so confused with all of the different stuff they have :wacko::wacko:
    Are babygros (the ones with the feet in) just for bed or do they wear them all day?? Are bodysuits just for underneath clothes? Its just occured to me that I don't have a clue!!! I was thinking that I'll probs dress my little man however he's most comfy so if he loves his sleepsuits he can wear them all day but I'm just sooo confused!!! Thanks girls!

2. freckleonear

freckleonear Crunchy mummy

Bodysuits and sleepsuits are by far the easiest clothing for the first few weeks.

3. debgreasby

debgreasby Happy Mummy!

You get tempted into all these cute outfits, but all of mine have lived in babygros for the first few weeks unless going out visiting etc. Body suits are just an extra layer, like you would wear a vest under a shirt etc.

4. MUM 2 BE

MUM 2 BE Well-Known Member

Im sooo glad u posted this thread lol:blush:
    Ive been buying my little man all sorts ov clothes not even thinking when hes gunna wear them or what he actually needs, and i sat the other night looking through them all and thinking Hmmm i wonder when hes actually "going to wear this" and "do i need more ov them" lol
    Bu ti was a liitle embarrased to ask anybody coz i thought we were suposed to know.
    xx

url=https://pregnancy.baby-gaga.com/][img]https://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev105pbs__.png[/url][/IMG]

5. Bee26

Bee26 Mummy to Charlie bear!

Great thread! I have to say I have quite strong opinions about babies clothes..personally (and im not getting at anybody here) I think young babies should be in body suits, baby gros, vests blankets etc as all these little 'grown up' clothes look so uncomfortable for them. I have a big thing about shoes on babies as they put their feet in unnatural positions and dont allow the arch to form properly. I keep seeing these shirts and ties and teenage fashion in 0-3 months and it makes me cringe...babies should be babies and not all tarted up in the latest trends....just my opinion. x

6. Rozie_1985

Rozie_1985 Mummy To Joel

I can't wait to dress my little man up in all the cute outfits we have bought! He will be wearing babygros around the house but i wont hesitate to dress him up for visitors and days out! Love all the little jeans and tops way toooo cute!! xxx

7. 1sttimemummy

1sttimemummy Preganant - 1st trimester

thanks 4 this post becasue i have been wondering the same thing but didnt want 2 ask anyone incase they thought i was off my head! xx

8. littledemonme

littledemonme Well-Known Member

Phew, not just me then. I know you're not supposed to get anything you have to pull over their heads but that's about it. I did nanny as a teenager and I remember the baby just wearing baby grows. Off home for Christmas so will be seeking advice from cousin and friends with little ones.:happydance::shrug:

9. jess_smurf

jess_smurf Angel Kristian & Olivia

i like babies in babygrows and think the grown up outfits are sometimes silly and uncomfortable like my babies being babies if that makes sense but its down to personal choice :)

10. MayBaby

MayBaby Well-Known Member

Sounds like we're all thinking along the same sort of wave length :D xx

11. KamKol

KamKol Mother of one

At home, I will dress my baby is a nappyvest (bodysuit) and babygrow because these are most comfortable for the baby and easiest to use when learning to change nappies etc.

By about 3 months, I'll probably lessen the use of baby grows but stills use nappyvests to ensure that baby doesn't feel cold with just a t-shirt on. But I'd still use them in the night when the baby is sleeping. All the other stylish clothes are not as comfortable.

12. Sadie92

Sadie92 Wife,Mummy & TTC No2

If i see something REALLY cute and cant help but buy it.. i get it in a bigger size so at least bubs can wear it when he/she grows out of being a 'newborn'.
    I guess size 3-6 months is when they can wear more of the really cute things...

dunno though, im a first timer.

;)

13. Rozie_1985

Rozie_1985 Mummy To Joel

I totally agree with you! I have a very small amount of newborn outfits. Like 2-3. 3-6 months is when i aim to put him in the little cute outfits more so! :thumbup:

14. Miss_Bump

Miss_Bump Well-Known Member

Ive got nothing against people dressing their little ones up in whatever they see fit but me personally will only dress my little girl up when we go to visit people or special occaisions otherwise its baby grows and romper suits all the way lol its just sooooo much easier
    xx

15. mommy43

mommy43 isabel's mummy

i think is down to personal choice but i used pop up vests on all mine till they were a yr old stops the drafts :) n babygos for the first few weeks ive got a few outfits too but all in ones are so much easier when they are so tiny

16. daisyfflur

daisyfflur Well-Known Member

I plan to have my little girl in babygrows for as long as possible. To me ill fitting two pieces just look uncomfy. I too like babies to look like babies so to be honest I havnt even looked at anything other than sleepsuits etc. No point dressing them up for dressing up sake. I want mine to just be comfy rather than cute, though there are some incredibly cute sleepsuits/babygrows out there. I do stress this is my opinion and personal preference.

17. broodylocket

broodylocket Well-Known Member

ive been sorting out what i got and what i need now. i got some outfits but they are 3-6 onwards. got loads of mitts and socks and babygrows, its easier i think than dressing them up constantly in jeans and t shirt. :)

18. littlegoth666

littlegoth666 Well-Known Member

this is brill i agree i dont know what to get to get him or her im over happy thank god for darren holding me and my walet or our flat will be stuffed with random stuff

19. helent1983

helent1983 Well-Known Member

Hi just popped over from Baby Club!

My own experiance is that babygros are by far the easiest with a new born. When Archie was born I was changing his nappy all the time and the thought of messing about with outfits would have been a nightmare. I think Archie was comfiest in his babygros and above all he looked sooooo cute!!

Think of it like this - you spend your whole adult life in jeans, outfits etc, when you are a baby it is the only time you can wear a lovely comfy all-in-one outfit.

I am sure you will all work out the best thing for you when you LOs arrive

:hugs:

xx

20. lizzieredrup

lizzieredrup Mum to 5 little men!

I usually dress my little ones in sleepsuits and bodysuits for quite a while lol I will dress them in nice clothes every once in a while if going somewhere nice but even then I try and find something comfortable for them to wear.

My little one is 20 months now and he still wears sleepsuits and bodysuits when indoors as they look so much more comfortable!