Might be a silly question but...

TTC 84

Reaction score
So we are ttc after a MMC at 8wk5d. The cycle I got my bfp I used softcups and it was so much nicer no mess after bd, but I can't help but think that maybe using them helps unhealthy sperm make it to the egg , could that be possible ? I'm probably just being crazy but it's playing on my mind . Tia

I don't know much about the softcups, but we used preseed lube this cycle and I googled it and came up with people asking the same questions about it. The best answer I could find was that, no, it doesn't help the less healthy sperm get to the egg. The faster and fitter sperm are still going to beat them out, because, well, they're still faster and stronger. I worded that really poorly, but does that make sense?

I have used soft cups for 6 years, never had issues with them. But this is my first time being pregnant since using them. I have no idea how using soft cups would encourage unhealthy over healthy sperm. I say this gently, I know you are probably looking for answers with your mmc, but try to think logically on this. What is it about soft cups that would encourage unhealthy sperm to fertilize the egg? Are early miscarriages not due to chromosomal abnormalities, usually, and are those abnormalities due to the health of the sperm/ egg? If you are still unsure I would ask your physician. Good luck.

Thanks ladies , logically I know it really shouldn't make a difference but couldn't help but wonder :) x

Justplay91 Yep that makes a lot of sense :)

In the first trimester I stressed so bad over miscarriages (still do, tbh). My doctor told me: "in the end, if it happens, there is nothing you can do." I took comfort in reading stories from women who had miscarriages and went on to conceive very quickly afterwards, and had a healthy baby. I have faith for you that it will happen and probably pretty quickly. Good luck!! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->