Might be miscarrying... Question

happynewmom1

Reaction score
So I am 6 weeks pregnant. Yesterday evening I started spotting and had some af cramps and low back pain. Around 2:30am last night I got up to check and there was bright red blood on the pad and clots. I'm still bleeding but not enough to fill a pad yet but when I go to use the bathroom, I pass clots, some small although a couple a little bigger. And some tissue. I feel like it must be ending :/ my cervix has been open all day. Do I need to go to the hospital or if I keep bleeding is it just safe to assume I've miscarried and just pass the rest naturally here at home? I'm so heartbroken. This baby was a surprise but we were so so excited. Dh has agreed to try right away if I want after the bleeding stops. Just so sad. Any advice? We are moving out of state this weekend and can't see a doctor until then so I guess I'm hoping if I am losing this baby, I can do it without going :/ also will a line on the pregnancy test start to get light? Can I go by that?

I'm so sorry, I really hope it's not a miscarriage- some people do bleed throughout pregnancy- but you need to get it checked out, it doesn't sound good. You don't want to think it's a miscarriage if it's not and you don't want it to be incomplete.

Can you call your GP and speak to them about out-of-hours or walk-in clinic? They should be able to give you advice about what to do over the phone.

I don't think pregnancy tests will be that accurate, I'm 2 weeks post miscarriage and I still have pregnancy symptoms and hormones. You could try a digital one but you do still need to see a doctor and possibly get an early scan? I'm not sure how it works in the US, I'm in the UK and they send you for an early scan after 6 weeks.

Ok thank you! Yes.. I do want to know either way and that if I am miscarrying, that it's going normally I guess. I appreciate your response. I guess as I much as I don't want to be, the signs point to me losing the baby :( for the most part, my symptoms are even gone :(

I'm so sorry OP. The not-knowing is sometimes worse because you can't feel relief or grief until you are sure. I hope you find out soon.

And I mean relief if all is well, wasn't sure that was clear.

And I mean relief if all is well, wasn't sure that was clear.

Yes I understood. Thank you so much. That's exactly how I feel right now and we can't find anything out until next week, it looks like :( I'm so emotional all the time. My dh is so supportive and has been amazing but it hurts so much not knowing right now :/

I'm so sorry you are experiencing this.

Yes, you can absolutely do this without medical intervention if this is in fact a miscarriage. Women have miscarried on their own at home for hundreds of thousands of years. Make sure you read up on what the warning signs are of infection so that you know if you need to get a checkup. A negative pregnancy test in a couple weeks is just as effective as a blood HCG test. I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks without medical intervention a few years back.

Take care

I'm so sorry you are experiencing this.

Yes, you can absolutely do this without medical intervention if this is in fact a miscarriage. Women have miscarried on their own at home for hundreds of thousands of years. Make sure you read up on what the warning signs are of infection so that you know if you need to get a checkup. A negative pregnancy test in a couple weeks is just as effective as a blood HCG test. I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks without medical intervention a few years back.

Take care

Thank you for coming over here to reply too! I decided to quit posting on the first trimester because I think it's scary for newly pregnant mom's to see things like this. I don't know what this is. I know I really would like to find out one way or the other. But waiting a couple weeks I guess I'd know, right? It's not heavy now but still red and still some small clots and tissue. Never was in real pain.. Just strong af cramps. Does the pain vary for some people with some miscarriages? Is there anything I could look for to determine if it is indeed a miscarriage? I think I read at 6 weeks one wouldn't see anything like the baby since it's so tiny, is that right? I really appreciate your help :( it's such a scary experience especially not knowing for certain yet. I will look up signs for infection.. I hadn't thought of that. Thank you again.

I check the loss support forums every few days, with 2 early losses and a 12 week loss I sometimes have advice to offer.

With my 6 week MC all I remember was a heavy clotty period. I don't remember seeing anything that looked like evidence of pregnancy, but I didn't really check the toilet. I went to work through the whole process, I had an office job and had easy access to the bathroom. I wasn't really TTC yet and that one didn't have a huge emotional impact on me, otherwise I would have stayed home. I would stick with Tylenol for pain until you are sure it is over, just in case. It's safe for pregnancy.

I don't mean to give you false hope but I bled from week 5 to week 10 of this pregnancy, and had heavy bright red bleeding and clots a few times. I did not lose the pregnancy.

I check the loss support forums every few days, with 2 early losses and a 12 week loss I sometimes have advice to offer.

With my 6 week MC all I remember was a heavy clotty period. I don't remember seeing anything that looked like evidence of pregnancy, but I didn't really check the toilet. I went to work through the whole process, I had an office job and had easy access to the bathroom. I wasn't really TTC yet and that one didn't have a huge emotional impact on me, otherwise I would have stayed home. I would stick with Tylenol for pain until you are sure it is over, just in case. It's safe for pregnancy.

I don't mean to give you false hope but I bled from week 5 to week 10 of this pregnancy, and had heavy bright red bleeding and clots a few times. I did not lose the pregnancy.

The advice and information helps me a lot. I am trying to have hope.. But also trying to prepare myself if this is over is all. :(

So after a week of bleeding and now dark brown discharge, I got a negative pregnancy test this morning. So that is it, right? :cry:

I'm so sorry for your loss. I've been through it myself. Take care of yourself emotionally and physically.

So sorry for your loss :( Take it easy and give yourself the time you need to grieve. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->