Might be time????

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Twist, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Twist

Twist Well-Known Member

Hey all, hope everyone is progressing well in the Third Tri.

I have a bit of a question for you, I have been having irregular contractions since Monday night, was in hospital for 6 hours and the monitor was showing strong contractions that they said they would expect to see if I was sitting there in full labour, however I wasn't dilated at all and diddn't dilate at all while there so they sent me home and said to come back if they got stronger. All week I have had periods of them being very intense and other periods when they are almost absent. Basically sounds like false labour, trying to get everything going. in the last day however the contractions have felt more regular and very strong, also a lot of cramping down at the base of my bump and I think (apon self exam :blush:) that I have started dilating a bit. Then today I noticed when I wipe that there is a lot of slightly tinged reddish brown mucous/CM. Do you think this means things are really starting?? I don't want to run to the hospital only to be told that it is nothing, which right now I guess it is... just has gotten me excited, maybe things really are going to start now. The doctors all said last week when I was 34 weeks that they would not try to stop the labour and that the baby should be fine, and today I am now 35 weeks, so I am feeling o.k. about that. What do you guys think?? Kinda nervous now...

2. Laura--x

Laura--x Guest

Sounds like it could very well be the start of things hun. I'd give the hospital a ring and just explain to them, then they will decide if it's best you go up or wait it out a bit x

3. Jkelmum

Jkelmum Well-Known Member

Sounds like the start xx

4. Babydance

Babydance Well-Known Member

I'd get on your birthing ball and start bouncing! :D Good luck hunny, yeah i'd give the hospital a call they will check you over to see xxx

5. ajarvis

ajarvis Well-Known Member

ooh. does sound like it could be the start of things!!