might sound silly but should i wake my baby??

shimmy

mummy , daddy and baby
Reaction score
Hello any one who is awake!:coffee:

im not sure if i should wake my baby up? I know this will sound silly:dohh:
But the last 2 weeks hes had a feed at 9pm, yesterday he didnt want it and i fed him about half 10.
Its now gone 11pm, he has a bath at 6, bed at 7
he feeds at 4pm, and "snacks" from 5-6 and then has a full feed at 6.30 . He drained one boob and went for the other(bare in mind i have a big over supply)

shall i wake him? does he NEED feeding, hes only 8 weeks

to wake or not to wake? x:flower:

I wouldn't - it sound as though he had a good feed at 6.30. I would wait a bit and see if he wakes up himself for more grub! x

Sofia started going for longer stretches around this time. We used to do a dreamfeed at 11pm after she went down at 7pm. She'd then go through to about 7am.

I'm sure if your baby is hungry he will wake. As long as you have had good nappies and your baby is well then I would just see what happens perhaps?

if he has been feeding well (and it sounds like he has) i definitely wouldn't wake him - if he needs a feed he will wake for one. make the most of it and get some sleep!

I wouldn't wake him. He may be starting to go a little longer between feeds, especially if he had a really good one before going to sleep. I am sure he will wake up and tell you if he gets hungry!

personally i dont think you need to wake him, he'll wake when hes hungry, which no doubt will be just after you've gone to sleep :winkwink:

NEVER WAKE A SLEEPING BABY!!!
:rofl:
seriously though, unless your doc says you need to.
they WILL wake when they are hungry.

sometimes James takes 5 hour naps during the day
and i'm like WTF? how are you not hungry?

but follow their lead. they wont starve themselves to death.

I would also leave them - I asked the same thing to my doctor when my lo was younger. He said if he was hungry he would wake up. I know it's difficult when lo is so young xx

no i wouldnt wake a sleeping baby, he will wake when he is hungry they need there sleep to grow u will soon hear if he is hungry xx

LOL thanks everyone! i knew it was silly!!!
I'm just worrying because its the longest he has ever gone. No doubt he will wake up when im off to bed in a few moments ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"