might sound strange but advise needed ?

fulltimemum

Reaction score
hi ladies me again sorry if this sounds awfull in any way just i have never carried to babies before and im abit worried today

i can feel one of the twins move well i think its one they might be taking turns
im just worried that 1 isnt ok if one was poorly or had passed away would i no before my scan woud i have sytmpons im asking this as i had a really bad dream this afternoon and its freaked me right out :cry:about losing one of the twins and not being able to feel both move .is it just me or dont you feel them both move togetha im quite big for 16 weeks im just abit scared think its my dream madd me feel like this xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Can't offer any advice but I know exactly how you feel. I am 14 weeks with twins and have started to feel some flutters and pressure which i think is the babies turning around. You can actually see my tummy moving when they move. However, I've been feeling most of the movement in the same place and have been having exactly the same thoughts. The thought of not having another scan for 6 weeks just terrifies me - seems so long before actually seeing them on the screen moving around. This is going to be a very very long 5-6 months with all these worries!!!!
Beckyboo

Hi

I am nearly 30 weeks and felt very exactly the way you both did.

I didn't feel any movements until around 22-23 weeks (this worried me).

However even when I first started to feel them move I could only feel Twin 2 who is higher up towards my ribs. Twin 1 has alway been very low down and I rarely feel her move. Even when I do it is very slight, unlike the kicks and punches twin 2 gives me.

I was really worried as I read somewhere that you should feel your baby move 10 times a day, I am lucky if I feel twin 1 move once every 3 days.

At my scans and midwife appointments I always raise this concern. However I have been told not to worry as it is common to feel one move more than the other because of their positions. Every scan and midwife appointment Twin 1 has been absolutley fine.

I know feeling them both move does give you reasurrance that everything is OK, easier said than done I know, but try not to worry.

We bought our own doppler and once a week we listen to both heartbeats, but again it can sometimes take a while to pick up both of them. However it does give me reasurance when my mind starts running off

Please don't worry! xoxoxo

Anxiety dreams are soooo common and normal and ALL THEY MEAN is that these babies are important to you! They don't foretell a problem.

Most women have those dreams.

It wasn't 'til very late in my pregnancy that I knew, when I felt a movement, who it was.

I felt one baby at a time. Only once, during gentle yoga, in a relaxation pose, did I feel both.

Being a twin mom requires a lot of *faith*. It's hard to keep a hold of. xoxo
But, have faith and feel peace. Congratulations!!!!

thanks ladies i think i just scared myself xxxxxxxxxx

Hi Hun

I'm the same but I'm putting it down to where the placenta's are. I've been told my little girl has a posterior placenta meaning it's behind her so she is free to kick me alot more. My little boy has an anterior one so it's infront of him so I won't feel his kicks as much.

I know how you feel, I panic over everything, today's panic has been a pain that I've felt twice kinda in the ovary area near my girl. Honestly I am a born worrier but I keep saying to myself, my beautiful babies will be here soon and will be fine, I just keep repeating it to chill myself out.

It's so hard not to worry isn't it? God knows what we are going to be like when they are actually here! :) xx

i felt awfull not knowing if one kicks or moves i feel alot better after speaking with your lovely ladies xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:blush:

It is something to watch hon...I had the same thing happen..Baby A was all over the place, and all of a sudden, I felt nothing from B...Turns out, he'd turned himself to a position where all the kicks were on the inside, instead of next to my skin, if that makes any sense, and he was fine..But, he did have me worried...Dont ever feel silly for asking, and call the doc if you need to!

Oh wow I know how this worry feels! I have actually started a couple of threads throughout my pregnancy asking this very same question!
I started feeling movements very early (well 14 weeks and this is my first pregnancy). I was constantly worried (and some days still am) that I could feel twin one move but not twin two. Twin one has always been on my left and twin two on my right.. Twin two has an anterior placenta and so this is why it's harder to feel movement!

I had the dreams too.. And occasionally still do. I had a dream the other night that I left one twin somewhere in the house and then couldn't find him lol as if i would do that! I was always dreaming something was wrong with one or the other, but with every scan and the closer I get to the finish line, the less you worry.

I try to focus on short goals ie. The next growth scan. Then once I reach that goal I look onto the next. Seems to help put my mind at ease a bit!

Like someone else said, these dreams just mean that your gonna be a great mummy because you care so much about your twinkles already!

All the best xoxo

We've all been there.. and all worried for half the pregnancy!

i find out on the 28th of this month if its boys girls or one of each im so excited but nervous at same time and i done no why lol im getting huge now xxxx

I'm 14 weeks and I've noticed a difference, too. As pp said, you could chalk it up to placenta location. It's also likely that they are just showing you that they are individuals already. DS1 was a huge kicker and DS2 was a squirmer in my belly. They are now 5 and 3.5 and they still are that way! DS1 thrashes in his sleep, while DS2 sleeps quietly. Try not to worry. That said, follow your instincts and call your doctor if you think there is a problem. You never regret the calls that you make.

OMG! I have just popped on here on a very rare occasion to hear your having twins!
Huge congratulations hun xxxx
p.s i always had one very quiet twin and one lively one. The quiet one had a anterior placenta do this was actually blocking alot of the feels of movement. good luck xx

thanks hun its strange when i say im having twins .they love hiding under my ribs at the mo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

lol just wait in my expereince the wriggley one in utero is the wiggley one out of utero - Fynn was a NIGHTMARE!!!! Never ever ever kept still whereas Sam bless him - had his head not been jammed right up under my left ribs then I would have never known he was there - and fast forward a year or so and ditto!!! Sam mr. content chilled and no bother and well Fynn climbs on fish tanks out of highchairs on window ledges you name it!!!!

Is it the same for everyone else I wonder?

Its the same for me... one of my boys when i was pregnant never stopped moving and kicking, he was breech, transverse, head down, breech etc etc. My other boy was head down from 20 weeks and was always a gentle kicker ( i used to poke him sometimes to make him move to make sure he was ok)!!
Now they are here and are 15 weeks they are exactly the same. There is over 4lb difference between them because my smaller boy will not keep still (he resembles something off lord of the dance when his little legs are flying everywhere) My other boy prefers to conserve energy and is very chilled, and loves his sleep. They are like chalk and cheese. x

Yes Vicky i found the same. Harley is still a fidget and Ruby is very calm and contented xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->