Migraines and Headaches

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Babyfever02, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Babyfever02

Babyfever02 Well-Known Member

Has anyone started to have migraines and headaches? I've never really had too many, but all of a sudden I've started to have them everyday!

As I cannot take IBprofin, which is the only thing that works for me I am stuck in pain :( Tylenol does nothing for me...:wacko:

Just wondering how common this is and how people are treating it.

THANKS!

2. meow951

meow951 Well-Known Member

I had this at the same time as you. Lasted until about 17/18 weeks.

I just took paracetomol when i really needed it, took regular naps and drank plenty of water. They go away eventually. Although i think mine are coming back.....:(

3. Cabbage

Cabbage Expecting Identical Twins

I have been having frequent headaches also. Speak to your midwife about it, so they can rule out any issues. I think it is quite common for women to experience headaches during pregnancy.

4. Tiffa130

Tiffa130 first time mom

I'm with you. I have daily headaches & I'm an advil girl, which is not an option at the moment. Tylenol does nothing for me.

The only solutions I've found is neck/jaw massages from OH or warm bath with a cloth over my eyes.

5. butterfly25

butterfly25 Mom of 2 and tyring for 3

I have had headaches for several weeks now. I don't think tylenol helps but I take it anyway and I take my antihistmine, because I think mine are from allergies, then i also just try to nap if I can and they usually go away then.

6. Babyfever02

Babyfever02 Well-Known Member

So I called my midwife and apparently I should be ok as migraines and headaches are considered to be slightly more serious after around 20 weeks. She suggested I drink a little caffeine when I feel a headache on its way. Also, I guess the next time I get one really bad I should go in to get my blood pressure checked.

7. Cajadaem

Cajadaem Well-Known Member

i've started getting this over the past few days, not nice, i find co-codamol helps, as i dont usually get the bad head until evening so i take a couple then relax, seems to be working at the moment, i know co-codamol is safe in pregnancy as i was prescribed it at the hospital for dental pain and told it was safe to use in pregnancy.

8. Sarahfromuk

Sarahfromuk Well-Known Member

I have had a dull headache since 13 weeks. I try and avoid paracetamol as much as possible but will take one if the headache worsens. I find drinking a good amount of water everyday helps and lots of sleep! i somehow need more than 8 hours a night though which somtimes just isnt possible! hope you feel better soon x