• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

migraines every week, normal??

Rose1983

Reaction score
iv always suffered from really bad migraines where i get an aura, than have to lye down in bed for a few hours and vomit, but ever since i got pregnant iv been getting them every week, its really debilitating, is this even normal, does any one else get it every week?

With my first I got them all the time thought for sure I was gonna have a stroke. This time not so much but I do still get them about twice a month and they last for about 3 days. It's just the hormones throughout your body sometimes they get better and you have none or you get them a lot more then normal.

For about 4 months in the middle of pregnancy I was getting terrible headaches every day which would occasionally turn into a migraine. Thankfully they have eased off now. I think you should mention it to your midwife though, just in case it's a blood pressure thing. I know how hard it makes things and hope they stop for you soon too :hugs:

Eugh, can definitely relate to this one!

Last Wednesday I got my first migraine with aura any I actually thought I was either dying or having a stroke, so scary :cry: I lay down and the aura passed after about 20 minutes and I was left with a blinding headache and nausea.

Then I had another one on Thursday, nothing on Friday, one on Saturday and TWO on Sunday!! Ended up seeing the emergency doctor on Sunday and had my blood and urine tested - both were fine.

And since then... nothing! However I'm now living in fear of my next one which is not nice :nope:

I have read up a lot on the internet and there doesn't seem to be any cause or prevention of these horrible episodes but a lot of sites do blame pregnancy hormones for an increase in migraines. A girl I work with suffered the same from about 7 months and she said that as soon as she had her baby they stopped.

Sorry can't offer much advice - just wanted you to know you're not alone :hugs:

P.S. Found this link the other day - not tried it out yet as not had one since Sunday but must be worth a try! :thumbup:

https://probaway.wordpress.com/2010/03/26/a-migraine-prodrome-aura-cure-with-a-strange-eye-exercise/

Two weeks before i had Serenity i had one or two migraines a day, hospital checked me out and all fine, said it was just one of those things :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"