• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Migraines, Help?

Chiochick

Reaction score
So I've been getting the absolute worst migraines the last 2 weeks.
Normally I take ibuprofen but since that's a no no I've been laying in bed with no lights or sounds.
I. Hate. Tylenol.
It makes me feel so sick (even when not pregnant)
I have no idea why.
Is there anything else I can do?
Also been having lots of dizziness and my vision goes black when I stand or walk across a room after sitting.
I've gotten up, got half way across the room, and had to sit down on the floor til my vision clears :wacko:

I've had migraines with all my pregnancies. Because of my hx of mc I won't take anything. The one thing that helps me is to stand in the shower and alternate the water from fairly hot to fairly cold every few minutes. It sounds awful but the drastic change in temperature dilates and constricts the blood vessels in your head. It gives me moderate relief.
Good luck! I hope you find something that works for you.

Definitely going to try that as I still need to shower. I haven't wanted to leave my bed :(

I know. Getting to the shower was awful but once I was in it felt pretty good. Keep it dark in there if you can. And turn it as hot and then as cold as you can stand. You should feel the pressure release in your head with each change. I hope it works for you.

It actually worked great!
Thank you! I've never heard of that trick but I'll definitely be doing that from now on.

Yay!! You might have to repeat it often until the migraine is gone completely but at least it's a safe way to get relief. So glad it helped!!

i feel your pain, had them quite a lot in second tri, these things i have tried, some helped:

1. lavender or peppermint oil
2. making sure i get a goods night sleep (sometimes i feel my headache is started by poor sleep)
3. nettle tea
4. lots of water and hot showers
5. taking note of any strong smells or foods you are eating as it may trigger headaches. My doc said cheese and chocolate are potential culprits.

x

The shower thing works great and my OB told me 300mg of magnesium 2 times a day which has helped alot too.

I have chronic migraines and headaches. Caffeine can help with headaches and is in many migraine medicines, it helps narrow the blood vessels so maybe try a cup of caffeinated tea. Another neat trick is to mix peppermint oil with either almond oil or jojoba oil in an empty dropper bottle (found at your local health food store). Dab the mixture at the top of your forehead and near your temples but close to the hairline. If you get this mix too close to your eyes it will sting! Then add a cold compress. It really helps take the sting out of your headaches. My neurologist also recommended taking extra magnesium and riboflavin (b2) daily.

I used to get lots of migraines and second the magnesium. With my last one a few weeks ago I had great success with a hot compress on my shoulders and neck and a cold one on my forehead. You can take paracetamol, although not regularly. But I find that when you have a bad migraine, one dose of paracetamol can break the cycle, rather than having it go on for days. I must try the shower trick next time!

I too am a migraine sufferer I have it with aura so I know If it's coming. Soon as i get the signs I take 2 paracetomal and go to bed to sleep it off. I've caught ot just in time recently and so didn't get the vile headache. I used to take betablockers but obv can't now lol wishing everyone well xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"