Migraines?

nnjp

Reaction score
As someone who has gotten 1 migraine every 2-3 years since I hit puberty, I find it strange that I've gotten 4 just this week! I've also been getting a lot of stabbing pains in my temples on and off. I know headaches are normal but migraines?! Has anyone else gone through this? :wacko:

I have migraines and have had them since i was 18 , im now 23. I was only having them like 1 every few months. Then when I got pregnant I have had them like 2-4 a week. Hope yours get better.

As someone who's never had a migraine before being pregnant, you have my sympathy. :hugs: This has been by far the hardest symptom to deal with. I started getting them around 11w and have one nearly every day. My doc says its normal. I just :sleep: a lot since there's nothing I can really take for them.

Thanks. Its reassuring. I didn't want to complain but they're quite awful and you're right, only thing to do is sleep them off. Luckily, I get an aura before mine hits so I know its coming and have time to prepare myself. Sometimes sleep doesn't work though! (woke up at 3am in agony last night).

I've not had a migraine for about 15 years yet had one on Monday (11+1), really hoping this isn't a symptom that will be regularly appearing, it's really not nice.

No idea how you ladies can cope with them so regularly :(

Thanks. Its reassuring. I didn't want to complain but they're quite awful and you're right, only thing to do is sleep them off. Luckily, I get an aura before mine hits so I know its coming and have time to prepare myself. Sometimes sleep doesn't work though! (woke up at 3am in agony last night).

I also have an aura with mine.

I've had quite a few of those starting from week 7. It was terrible. Sometimes cold applied to the forehead and neck helps to reduce the pain. Hope it helps.

I get them when not pregnant and they are horrible. With this pregnancy I've only had one bad headache so far but I'm still early I bet they show up around 7 weeks. They do go away for me in the 2nd trimester so maybe that's something to look forward to?

Also drinking lots of water helps me a great deal. Hope you get some relief!
Julie

When I was pregnant first time around I found the kiddy CoolnSoothe patches used to help a lot. My doc also said I could take cocodamol which did ease on some occasions. Rest, hydration, and watching trigger foods can help, but it's still horrid.

keep safe

In a non-pregnant state I get around 1 migraine every 2-3 months. Which is enough, believe me!!! I am also blessed with auras... The harbingers of doom.

In my last pregnancy, although I did get done severe headaches between around 16-24 weeks I never actually suffered a migraine. I was made up! My first one was when DS was 2wks old (which was also Boxing Day - so that was a bit miserable)

This time, I kinda thought I'd get away with it again.

No.

Smacked in the face by a migraine last Friday. As I also have lovely MS, and I tend to get nausea etc with migraines ... Yeah I was in a sorry state.

All of you that are suffering have my sympathy xxxxxx

I suffer from migraines pretty regularly and I brought it up with my obgyn. She told me to up my magnesium intake and I took around 600mg on a day I had a migraine. Within 30 minutes that migraine went away. Since then I have been taking a minimum of 350mg of magnesium a day and so far I havent had any migraines.

I suffer from regular migraines with aura, when I get one I have taken 2 Tylenol and drank half a coke. The caffeine really helps and in moderation is ok for the baby. Hope this helps

I suffer from migraines pretty regularly and I brought it up with my obgyn. She told me to up my magnesium intake and I took around 600mg on a day I had a migraine. Within 30 minutes that migraine went away. Since then I have been taking a minimum of 350mg of magnesium a day and so far I havent had any migraines.

I have never heard that about magnesium before. I really will try that.

I am on my 6 th pregnancy, now i have noticed a pattern when I get migraine I only ever get them when pregnant with girls I also only get yeast infection wen pregnant with girls of course this is not set in stone but does seem to be the fact for me (3 girls 2boys) anyway I started suffering with migraines :/ I wonder !!!

I am on my 6 th pregnancy, now i have noticed a pattern when I get migraine I only ever get them when pregnant with girls I also only get yeast infection wen pregnant with girls of course this is not set in stone but does seem to be the fact for me (3 girls 2boys) anyway I started suffering with migraines :/ I wonder !!!

Interesting!!!!!! I had no migraines last time & had a boy .... So maybe this time I have a pink one in there?! I'll let you know :)

OH wants a boy, but this is interesting. I wonder!

Interesting!!!!!! I had no migraines last time & had a boy .... So maybe this time I have a pink one in there?! I'll let you know :)

Mmm def do I wondered if or some ppl the extra female hormones ales our body's go weird and in mine causing migraines and thrush, it might not b the same or everyone though, I wud be interested too see though

You lucky ladies who only get them during pregnancy!
I'm diagnosed with "headaches accompanied with migraines" for well over 10 years now. About 2-3 headaches a week with a migraine about once a month.
Since being pregnant I've only had migraines every week, which last about 2-3 days. No sleeping them off, pretty much just have to suffer it out.
I do take magnesium, but maybe not enough. Monday at my appointment I'll be bringing this up because I cannot cope with it daily.

I too suffer from migraines and this pregnancy they have been so so bad. I gave been hospitilized 3x so far this pregnancy because the pain gets so severe and I get so dehydrated from throwing up so much w them. This is our third child, and w the previous two pregnancies my migraines have always decreased. I'm under the care of an O.B and a neurologist now, and actually have to take pretty heavy pain medication for them 2 to 3 x per week. I feel terrible having to take these while pregnant, but drs assured me its better for the baby and me then suffering thru the pain for days on end. I am over 6 months pregnant and they seem to be getting worse each month.....I hope that your let up sooner than mine ! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"