Migraines

rachelleigh

Reaction score
Anyone else get migraines? I am prone to them occasionally but had my first one since getting pregnant last night and it's still lingering this morning. It was a miserable night, got sick, no fun. I took Tylenol but it doesn't seem to help and I even feel guilty about taking that. Hate dealing with this especially along with morning sickness. What do you do to help your migraines or bad headaches? Thank you!

I'm the same get them along with pain in back of my neck did ask midwife and she was like it's normal they will ease down in 2nd tri and to drink plenty of water and take pain killers I try only takin 1 even though she said 2 are fine

I've had 2 so far this pregnancy, I sympathise they really are awful. I use forehead, take paracetamol and sleep. Also if you can manage it try to eat something or have a sugary drink, I know it's impossible when the nausea is bad but I think it helps the pain when you get your blood sugar more stable. Ive heard others recommend a can of full fat coke too apparently the caffeine helps. Hope you feel better soon :hugs:

I normally have bad migraines, but only had a few while pregnant thankfully. I wasn't allowed to take my normal narcotics, but Tylenol was cleared by my OB. Usually I'd just go home, drink some caffeine like soda and pop some Tylenol, and sleep it off. Playing soothing music like Amethystium in a dark room helped as well.

Hope you feel better! :hugs:

I have had them a lot the past week. I do normally get them not pregnant but usually it's caused by something like the weather, stress,*pms, etc. Now I seem to get them just because. For me the most helpful thing is to drink lots of water and if you can go lay in a dark quiet room for a while. I had given up caffeine when first ttc last October and I admit a can of coke sounds very tempting to help with a headache.

I just asked a similar question on Babycenter. How far along are you? I'm only 4 weeks by ovulation.

I used to have terrible ones - like throwing up for 2 days, sunglasses on in house, etc. and was on a ton of meds. I saw a chiropractor and they steadily lessened over a few months until I went a year without one. Although, I'm 9 weeks pregnant and just popped a Tylenol, so hopefully they don't come back. I tried two chiropractors. The first did absolutely nothing, and I had very little faith in it but I tried again out of desperation. Maybe there's one in your area who specializes in it. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->