MIL rant again, why cant she just butt out!!

Mantha

Mummy to Lewis :) x
Reaction score
i wrote abit of a rant last week, but it now seems shes just getting worse. I just really dont know what to do, as i dont want to be rude. Think OH is getting sick of me moaning about it, but he wont speak to her about it.

Last week i mentioned that she was starting with little comments that was winding me up an tht LO was staying at hers for first time. Which was last night.

I didnt want him to stay out but it was already planned so we went ahead with it. Anyway we got to hers last night to drop LO off, he was asleep in car seat when we got there. So we sorted bottles out and mentioned to her that weve just put him on hungry baby milk. She went on to say that he should be goin on to baby rice soon as he will be 4 month. But weve been advised to try and leave him as near to 6 month as we can. She then starts on that he is big enough for it now and his guna be a very hungry baby then. OH just told her we will do things when were ready and baisically to keep her nose out. Then LO woke up so we had a little cuddle before we left him. He then started getting worked up cz he was really tired and it was his bed time. But MIL was messing about so OH made his bottle. I was trying to settle LO as he was so tired and unsettled, next think MIL just comes and grabs him off me. WTF. So i was pretty peed off. But as we was leaving him there for night i didnt want to say owt. I didnt even want to leave him, i wasnt ready but OH wanted some me and him time. So we left him, we then went to local for a few drinks. I had a little cry as i felt awful and just wanted to go and get him back. But it didnt go so well anyway as me and OH ended up arguin so we went home. I told him i thought his mum was been a dick and that if she ever grabbed him off me again, she wouldnt be seeing him. Im sick of her thinking she can do what she likes with my son.

Anyway OH then ring MIL to see how he is. Turns out his been crying since we left, getting himself worked up and wouldnt settle at all to go to sleep......why didnt she let us know. I was fuming, so we went to pick him up. She went on about how awful she felt as he wa first one out of 7 grandkids that wouldnt settle with her. I calmed LO down and we took him home and he went straight to sleep and didnt get up till 7. We then saw her today and all she has done is tell me whats up with him and thats his tired and teething...things i already know.

I dread seeing her, i really do. Im sick of moaning to OH about it as its his mum and a touchy subject. But i just want to enjoy my son, without her making me feel like i dont know what im doing and butting in with her opinions. I understand she has experience, but i made it clear when i was pregnant that i didnt want people interfering or telling me how to raise my son. Why cant grandparents just enjoy the bit of time they have with them rather than trying to control what we do. Im guna end up exploding if it carries on, i know that im a good mum and doin a good job.

I just dont know what to do :( his my baby, sick of her trying to take over and tell us what to do with him.

xxx

Oh sweetheart I totally know how you feel. I have a MIL from the dark side and I just cannot stand it when she comes into contact with Alex. We actually had a massive blow out about the way she behaves with him and me at New Year and she's not yet seen him since. The past few weeks have been great - no interfering!!! The only advice I can give is be strong and stick to your guns. If you have a gut feeling that the time isn't right to leave your LO, then don't. It doesn't matter if things were already planned you just go with what's right at that moment. YOU know best because you are the mummy and yes you are doing a brilliant job.

Laura x

why do MILs always feel the need to butt in about EVERYTHING.
seriously. this gets me going.
I don't hear many people complaining about their own mothers.
it's always MILS.
what is wrong with them ?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"