MIL (rant!)

Discussion in 'Teen Pregnancy' started by HarlaHorse, Jun 5, 2011.

1. HarlaHorse

HarlaHorse Well-Known Member

So last year my OH mum (my MIL) went away for Christmas and didn't ask OH or his sister to their christmas and didn't even buy them a present, she put $50 in their bank account and at the time we were so broke it didn't go very far. Shes never really been that interested in spending time with OH or his sister at all but she cries to OH saying his sister never visits and then cries to his sister saying OH doesn't visit! It's weird! I swear she wants them to hate each other, shes always bitching about them to each other and then pretending to the other one that nothing happened. Like for example, she'll borrow money to OH's sister then tell her shes got no problem and she loves doing things for her, then cry to OH that his sisters ungrateful and doesn't appreciate it and that she didn't want to give her the money. :wacko:

Okay so to the point, this year his mum has organised a huge Christmas at her place that goes from the 23rd of April to the 9th of January! Shes done that just so she can have Lacey (our baby girl) for Christmas and New Year. I hope she doesn't literally expect us to stay there for that long though because we're not. 1) I've never spent a christmas away from my family and I don't plan to. Obviously I have to share, but can't she be fair? OH completely agrees and we're spending half of christmas with my family and half with his. 2) She never cared about spending christmas with him before, 3) she didn't even like me when we first got together!

I understand like I have to share Lacey with both, but I just think thats a bit selfish and I just hope she doesn't really expect us to stay away from home for that long, because we won't. I guess we'll come and go but thats just unrealistic.

Sorry really long!

2. merakola

merakola Guest

Ugh she kind of sounds a little like my grandma ( only on her bad days of course) She talks about alllll her kids and grand kids behind their backs like its nothing.That must be really stressful. Well I she does expect you guys to stay the whole time just tell her straight up ITS NOT HAPPENING. :hugs:

3. Chrissy7411

Chrissy7411 Guest

I think that's incredibly unfair of her to want y'all there for that long. She sounds like my OH's mom... She gets on my nerves soooo much. She's so unreliable, starts drama and always makes promises and never comes through and the way she talks she thinks she's going to have Jace all to herself :wacko:

4. HarlaHorse

We'll stay on and off but I don't really like it there, I'm not sure why I just get really home sick when I'm there, and on top of that I'll have a baby and its christmas and new year away from my family. When the time comes we'll just be like 'we're spending the christmas morning with my family and we'll be back afterwards to share christmas with you guys,' they might not be happy but I doubt they'll say anything.

5. Chrissy7411

Chrissy7411 Guest

I totally understand! I'd do the same thing :flower:

6. HarlaHorse

I didn't want to come accross as selfish so I'm glad you understand :flower: I think its unfair on me and OH and on my family as well.

7. Chrissy7411

Chrissy7411 Guest

No not at all! I completely understand we are all going to have to share our LO's because everyone's going to love them and want to see them, but everyone else also has to understand it :flow:

8. TwilightAgain

TwilightAgain LTW for our LO <3

I don't get it :blush: April to January? Thats 10 months? :shrug:

9. kittycat18

kittycat18 Well-Known Member

April to January!? Seriously :wacko:

10. krys

krys Madi's Mommy

Yeah I don't get it, that's soo long!!