MIL stories girls??

mum2b2009

mummy of two boys!
Reaction score
have any of you got any Mother in lnlaw nightmare stories to tell?? do you get on with yours? how much do they get involved with your children?? my oh has to see his mum every day just to stop her from harassing us every day! crazy i know! xx

Hi,

I've just posted my latest MIL complaint, how she's making me feel fat not pregnant.

Mine is incredibly interfering! She's desperate to make me change my mind about my brand of reusable nappy choice to the point where she's trying to get an advisor to come round and meet us (us, not me, as in her and I!). Initially she kept saying things like...my grandchild better not have a dummy, or you'd better not pass that trait on to the baby!
If she could she'd take baby out of my tummy and give it to a surrogate mum so she knows she can have full control over it. I normally find her bearable and just laugh off her interference but it's going to be hard viying for baby with her. She keeps saying how she's 'trained' and stuff, and obviously, me being a more current trainee in babies (there's 35 years between her nursery nurse qualification and mine!) I'm not considered experienced.

I know she wont step on my toes too badly, she's more subtle than that but I can see her tutting over my OH's attempts to change baby or dress baby and even trying to take over - and I can see him rolling over and letting her! I'm gonna try and get the locks changed before baby comes, that or move house in secret.

I have lots of these stories.
When pregnant with my second child i was due in Jan. I knew that for christmas everyone would buy me pjs for the hosp. So i politley told them all i already had it sorted and i would prefer them not to buy me any
Christmas came, my MIL handed me a carrier bag, inside was 6 of those big horrible tshirt nighties (the kind they sell at the market) each in a size xxl all blue with the word aquarius (star sign) on. First im not that size, no where near, im aries, plus why would i need 6. They were not wrapped and they were just in plastic packets. She just stood smiling like she had given me the best gift ever.

Every year i get a nighty usually size 16-18 (im a 10 and she knows it)
A manicure set (i bite my nails) and usually anything else innapropiate she can find.

omg here!!!

MIL i can not stand! When i was pregnant with first, she told us for selfish reasons "she did not want us to have a girl and she would be very upset if she was", we had a girl.. and my god she hated it! because she wanted a granddaughter to spoil! Since then two grandaughters have been born to dps sisters, and my god there spoilt! my daughter gets brought sod all from them! they live 70miles away, we go up once a month, they never come down here! Anyway we told them i was pregnant again on my daughters 1st birthday. They wasnt happy at all, told us were stupid and cant afford our daughter!?! WTF, we have never ever asked to borrow a penny from them! Anyway, they haent brought us anyting for this baby were as my mum must have spent about 1,000 in giving us money buying things ect!

Also no matter what we do they dont like/agree with it, but dps sisters can get away with murder!

I often worry that I'll be the same one day - that my little girl will be as precious and perfect in my eyes and my SIL is in my MIL's - the girls an annoying, spoilt brat who is such hard work all the time with her sulking and strops (she's the oldest too!). Does mother hood really make you blind to your childs imperfections??

theres another similar thread on here and i added mine to that

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"