Mild cramping & discomfort

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by karamel, Dec 17, 2009.

1. karamel

karamel Well-Known Member

Hey ladiesss,

I've been having cramping and discomfort on and off today and it's really freaking me out.
    It's not like horrific pain, but it's there, and i notice it.
    Once in a while it's like little sharp pains, and others it's just like a constant like throb?
    Just wondering if it's normal??
    There's no bleeding and it's not like it's making me keel over in pain, but I'm still worried??

2. aliss

aliss Well-Known Member

I got some sharp pains around your time, your bean is getting pretty big and the uterus is stretching even more!

3. karamel

So it's nothing to worry about?

4. Marisa08

Marisa08 3boys & having a GIRL!

I am having some mild cramping tonight also. Can't sleep because I keep thinking about it. Little worried too. Although if I think back to my previous pregnancies I remember getting cramping with them too. I also remember worrying then too. I think we are fine :) Kayln (maybe spelled Kaylin) is at the top of my list for a little girl too! xoxo

5. maisiemoo

maisiemoo Well-Known Member

I've been experiencing this for the last few days, with sharp pains occurring on the right and left, as well as mild cramping. It literally feels as though my belly is popping out!! i was also very concerned, especially as I had very very very slight spotting yesterday, which has since stopped.

6. lauralora

lauralora Well-Known Member

hello hun i no im a week or so behind you but yesterday i had these kind of pains all day, i panicked and called the out of hours midwife based at my local hospital last night, she said its COMPLETLEY normal, so im sure its same for you :)

7. babydeabreu

babydeabreu Blessed Family of two :)

oh joy im getting this....its sharp and on and off through out the day situated on the left side. every now and then its sharp but other than this its just an uncomfortable cramping feeling sometimes its constant for hours.

my bean is obviously going to be a digger when hes/shes older :happydance:

8. i've had cramping throughout. and my back pain has been unreal!
    take a lie down and it should ease a little bit, although i've found if i stay in the same position it does feel worse!

i've also had like a shooting feeling on my left hand side which goes all the way up to my boob. it doesnt hurt but it does make me twitch.
    it's just where the baby is settling! xx

9. babydeabreu

babydeabreu Blessed Family of two :)

how its so exciting though :) xx

10. karamel

Thanks everyone!
    You've definitely made me feel better :) Not so worried, knowing others go through the same thing!!
    Good luck to all of you in your pregnancies !! <3

11. vermeil

vermeil Mom to 27 week wonder+DD

I'm 7 weeks and honestly it's the only thing convincing me I'm pregnant :wacko:I have no morning sickness or other symptoms really, except being more hungry and tired.

I constantly have cramps though. Mild, strange stretchy cramps. Of course I start worrying if they stop for even 5 minutes :winkwink:

12. Tigger Momma

Tigger Momma Well-Known Member

Im six weeks along. The ticker thing is down right now but I was worried too. I get cramps every now and again. Sickness is only when I eat too much, of something I dont LOVE. Im hungry and thirsty alot in the middle of the night and the cramps suck. Its like period cramps less often without the blood. other than that. They are just there and sometimes they are very uncomfortable. Im glad Im not the only one

13. Lover

Lover Mummy to Leo & Rosalie

I'm 5 weeks today too :happydance:

I've been getting the same cramping as you, I'm not too worried because I know its just the baby growing :cloud9:

PM me if you want to be bump buddies :flower:

14. lauralora

lauralora Well-Known Member

when i posted the other day i thought i was a week behind you, but after my scan they told me im 13 weeks! so im actually very close to you in dates and been feeling the exact same thing, so its normal :D x

15. allyb2167

allyb2167 Active Member

hi,

I am about 9 weeks and having the same type of pains - I spoke with Midwife this week and its all normal.

xx

16. hannahR

hannahR Hollie aged three ttc no2

I have this aswell, all normal and another joy of pregnancy! xx

17. karamel

Thank goodness it's normal ! :)
    One less this to worry about!
    <3
    Thanks everyone for sharing your experiencess :)

18. kelly2903

kelly2903 mum2princess an expectin

i would say that normal growth of your uterus hun..... and hey your due to join the 2nd tri soon good luck xxxxx

19. kathy khuz

kathy khuz Well-Known Member

i have cramping at the bottom abdominal (left side), since 2 weeks ago... and spotting since i was 5 weeks preg.... and the doc confirms my baby is just fine, nothing to worry... so, don't worry, it just a sign that your baby & uterus is growing...

i took from "i am pregnant" article for 12-13 weeks pregnancy:

By the end of this week, your uterus is too large to remain completely in your pelvis. You might be able to feel your uterus above your pubic bone. The uterus will continue to grow throughout your pregnancy and will return to its usual size within a few weeks after delivery.