Mild pain around lower belly / hip bones - normal?

marmoset

Reaction score
Is it normal to have occasional pains around your lower belly area? They don't feel like cramps, more like if somebody poked you right above each of your hip bones in the front. I'm assuming it's just things stretching/moving around but it started yesterday after I was on my feet all day and made me a bit nervous! Been resting today but still feel them occasionally.

Just looking for and reassurance i guess! Nervous first timer, ha. :flower:

It could be the start of spd ? :( it's worth talking to your midwife about xx it's usually typical in later pregnacy but not unheard of to have it early as it's due to hormones .... also I read generally it 2nd or 3rd pregnancies ect. .. I had it pretty bad in my 3rd pregnancy and ended up on crutches and had physio, if it's diagnosed early you can be given the right information about how to prevent it getting worse ... like how to get out of the car correctly or bed ect ... obviously it might not be that at all and could be the stretching but it's defiantly worth exploring xxxxx

So weird, I just got on here to write the same post! It's ony right side, like halfway between my c-section scar and my hip bone. It's like u said, like a poking. Kinda sorta like gas pains but in the wrong spot. It's been here since yesterday and not going away either.
I had spd last pregnancy but it was more like in my groin and actual hips, not like this
Hope we are ok!

Could it be round ligament pain? Your round ligaments start at about where your hips are and stretch down towards your uterus. It is usually a one sided pain, sometimes it only lasts for a few seconds, other times it can feel like a dull ache. It is more common in the later trimesters but some women, especially if you've been pregnant before, get it sooner. I for one am proof that you can indeed have it in the first trimester.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"