Milk Formula - MATH ???

Arlandria

Love being Mrs.C xx
Reaction score
This is confusing me a little, maybe i'm just being dizzy but here goes:

Q1a. If you fill the bottle with 7oz of WATER then add the 7 scoops of MILK, but it now LOOKS like 8oz in the bottle, do you say thats an 8oz bottle or 7oz bottle??

Q1b. So if your LO leaves 3oz of milk, is that a REAL 3oz 'cos you counted the bottle as 8oz or is it really 3.42oz 'cos that'll be 8oz divided by 7oz = 1.14 per oz (then x3) ???

Does this make sense?? lol :dohh:

I know its silly that i'm being so fussy over minor detail but it's doing my head in lol! :shrug: :wacko:

No it stays at 7 oz!! It's just when you shake it up to mix it, it froths up a lot (I'm assuming you're shaking it) :) x

I know what you mean. We have 5oz of water in the bottle, with 5 scoops of powder, once it settles, there is around 5.5oz of liquid in the bottle. We don't shake, we swirl (Dr Brown bottles), so there isn't much froth.

Our LO usually takes around 4-4.5oz, and we just count that as she's taken that much... I mean, that's the amount of liquid she's taken out of the bottle :shrug:

Yeah we do what Eala does, swirl not shake - but when it settles its about .5 - 1oz more!

So if it stays @ 7oz - and she leaves 3oz she's really left 3.42 lol

I have no idea why i'm being so precise but just wanted to know! :)

I had wondered this too....as by mass they're taking more than the fl.oz measurement would have us believe. Earl has 7 oz feeds and it's always up by the 8oz by the time it's finished. He often finishes an entire bottle (not quite ready to up to 8oz just yet as it's sporadic) so I wondered whether I should count it as 7oz or 8oz, but I just stick with the amount of liquid, but try to remember the water displacement lo.l. This is so complicated lol :wacko:

I just go by however many scoops I'm adding, not what marker it's up to once it's all added and mixed.

And if the formula sits on a marker once she's finished, I say she's left whatever marker it's at.

But like one of the above posters said, it's mainly the froth and there's hardly and difference to the amount once it's settled.

We do 4oz bottles and once it's made up, there's about 4.5oz in the bottle (not including froth). I say that's 4.5oz because you've mixed it up in the same proportion as the ready-made cartons are done up to - if you poured out 4oz from a carton there'd actually be about 3.5ish scoops of powder in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->