Milk intake

weewdy

Reaction score
My dd who has just turned one takes (on a good day) 14oz of milk. She is not interested in it but i give her it morning and night. In the morning she has it in a straw cup with her breakfast. Nighttime is still a bottle.

As i said she never cries for a bottle and would happily not have one. My question is how much milk does she need, can i just drop the night time bottle too or is she too young?

She has a varied balanced diet.

Mmm I think all babies are different my lo is only 6 months but I've a friend who has a one year old and only takes morning and bed time bottle! Not sure if there's a wrong or right answer. X

I think the recommended amount for her age is 300mls a day. They shouldn't have more than 350mls a day because milk interferes with iron absorption causing physical, psychological and behavioural issues- or so ive been reading anyway!

My LO is coming up for one so will be swapping onto cows milk shortly and trying to transition her onto a morning cup but will keep the bedtime bottle for now. I think they can actually stop having milk at morning and bedtime and have it at other times instead like snack time/lunch time/ dinner time but babies generally prefer to keep the bedtime bottle as its a comfort and part of their bedtime routine that they are used to.

You could try giving a sippy at bedtime aswell as the morning but they do need a maximum of 350mls milk a day but can be given at any time. Don't forget all the yogurts, cheese, rice pudding etc count for their daily intake of calcium too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->