Milk intolerance/allergy advise needed Neocate and Wysoy milks (and others)

iwanta8a8y

TTC #3 ;-)
Reaction score
Hi ladies, my little girl was diagnosed with a milk allergy at 7 weeks we stopped Bf and went onto prescribed formulas, to cut a long story short we have been on several hypoallergenic formulas before trying Neocate and nutramigen aa. The best one for her was Neocate (although she was still not 100% on that, still fussiness, terrrible/painfull wind and reflux, but sooooooo much better than any other milks so we kept her on that for the last 4 months, the wind is still so bad I thought there must be a better milk out there for her and maybe Soy milk may be better so spoke to docs and they prescribed SMA Wysoy. Big mistake, she has rash back, still extremely fussy and massively windy and now being really sick again as well and worse silent reflux. So going to put her straight back of the Neocate.

Does anyone else have trouble in finding a milk to their LO? Seems like she is intolerant to the most easily digestible milk out there! Really feel for her and it's causing so must stress and heartache I am at the end of my tether!

Going back to docs to request to see pead again to see what they say. She is 7.5 month old now and loves food, when she is not in pain with wind, but still DEMANDS to have milk no matter how much she has had food wise so I know it's not hunger, it's a comfort to her (why she thinks that when it causes so many problems and pain to her I don't know!) I guess she doesn't realise what it is causing it and sucking comforts her (but she won't take a dummy instead of milk)

Sorry it's so long hope someone can help...xx

Hi.
My daughter is lactose, dairy and soy intolerant.
We have tried 9 formulas altogether before settling on neocate. She will occasionally go through periods where she refuses to drink this and ends up in hospital.

If Lo is still being sick on neocate it is probably because of reflux or colic if unsettled.

It has took us 6 months to find a good formula combination and she has been admitted to hospital 4 times in a month.

If Lo definitely is intolerant they can't refuse you a pediatrician. It has helped us great but we are now needing to see a dietician due to weight loss, food refusal and constant projectile vomiting.

I hope you get sorted soon as it really is horrible seeing little one in pain.

Izzyshowed lactose intolerance by stool sample, cmp buy trying lf milks and getting terribly ill and soy by being on wysoy and her throat swelling and she would go blue.

X

Also a soy is a very high allergen so not many doctors prescribe it.

When did you find out about Lo intolerances? Could it be caused by a recent stomach bug, if yeah it will soon go x

Thanks Beth, your LO has certainly been thought it bless her hasn't she!

Jess hasn't had any tests, but the doc diagnosed it at 7 weeks old on symptoms and reactions to different milks. We have seen a paediatrician, but I might request we get a second opinion as something still isn't right. We have also seen a dietician and we are weaning excluding dairy, not braved eggs, peanut etc products yet.

Maybe her reflux medication, omeprozole suspension, isn't suiting her then? Do you know if reflux causes wind?

Thanks for your reply x

yep, dietitian wants her off neocate due to the cost

she is allergic to gluten, CMPA, goats milk, soya, fish and god knows what else

please get her back on neocate and push for allergy testing

I think it can cause wind and uncomfort definitely x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member