Milk intolerance?

littlekitten8

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
I need some advice ladies. James was BF for 12 days and then my milk dried up so I put him onto Aptamil. He has been ok on this apart from the odd vomit until about a week ago. He started really fighting me for his feeds. Went from taking 5oz to 2-3oz per feed. Yesterday he screamed all day long and nothing would settle him. He only took 2oz per feed. Then at 4am today he had a green acidy smelling poo. Seemed to make him feel better for a few hours but he has been really unsettled again since 8am. He will start screaming within 10 minutes of finishing a feed. It's not wind cos he burps well and gripe water is doing nothing. His brother is lactose intolerant, my niece is also, and I am wheat intolerant. This is exactly how my niece started off. Took him to the dr this evening and he said he has a sore tummy but nothing to feel. And to give him some water before his feed so its not so concentrated in his tummy! Just don't know what to do. I'm so fed up and just want to make it better for him cos its so hard to listen to him being this distressed! Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks x

Not sure if this will help or not but I will tell you anyway being as no one else has any advice. I BF until 6 months then wanted to start weaning to formula milk for some of the feeds and thats when my problems started. When I gave my daughter formula she became really clingy and irritated so I spoke to the HV and she advised just putting her on cows milk as we didnt have any kidney problems in the family. Big mistake, she has a lactose intolerance, she is 4 1/2 now and is still not able to take large amounts of dairy. I give her lactofree milk and she can eat a small amount of yogurt/cheese and it is gradually getting better and hoping she grows out of it soon (she also had the green acidy mucousy poos which i had tested but they came back clear). I tried Goats milk, Soya, didnt like it then found rice milk. She was ok on this then HV told me to stop because of some report about the levels of arsenic found in it!

I can't explain to you how stressed I was when all this started and how isolated I felt, so I can understand how you feel. I saw a dietician twice and I have to say she was useless and told me her diet was too high in fibre but I cut that down and the problems didnt go away, could be a combination of wheat and lactose but will probably never know.

I dont suppose that this is really of any help to you. Maybe your HV could give you advise on changing milk. My sister in law breast fed for 2 months then stopped suddenly and changed baby onto formula, it took a long time for her to adjust and stop being sick. I know she changed her milk to the one which is thicker to help keep it down.

Sorry a bit vague but hope its of some use to know you aren't the only one.

Hopefully someone else expriencing this will reply soon!

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->