milk opinion

chel27

mum to 3
Reaction score
hi girls i was just wondering how many oz your LO is on at about 5 weeks old, generally amy has 5 oz but some days it can be 4, also she doesnt seem to be able to last 4 hours lately, she can be screaming for milk after 2 or 3 hours!! could this be because she needs the milk for hungrier babies or that shes a little and often eater???

Jack's is all up the wall, he's 4 weeks and he's had 9oz in the past 2 hours :shock: yet this morning he would only have 2oz every hour or so... strange baby :p

Alex was on 4 oz every 4 hours (i think) he might have upped to 5 by the end of week 5

Charlotte was drinking 12 8oz bottles a day at 5 weeks. I told the doc and he said to add one tsp of rice cereal per oz of formula to her bottle and that helped SO MUCH. Talk to your pedi if you're at all concerned

4-5 ounces every four hours or so. She could be going through a growth spurt though. Feed her as she wants and hopefully it'll settle down in a few days. Hannah would down 17 ounces or so in about a 5 hour period during her growth spurts!

Tiffany was exactly like this, taking between 4-5oz and anywhere between 2-4 hours. Don't worry, I'm sure she'll settle into a routine. When Tiffany turned 7 weeks old it was like something just clicked! Now she's having 5oz and 5 feeds a day. Roughly every 4-5 hours. xx

She may be having a growth spurt hun, just let her have what she wants for now and she'll soon sort herself out

thanks girls!! in the end i put her on cow and gate stage 2 milk as she was constantly crying for milk!! and this seems to of worked for now as she will now last 4 hours or so. hope i was right putting her on stage 2 milk??

My HV said to try not to go to next stage milk until its the last option as they like to keep them from being weaned to early, and if you have gone to the next stage early you have nothing more to do to slow the weaning process. They told me that if you have room in the bottle up the oz's rather than changing the milk.

I'd speak to your HV see what she says. They all seem to give different answers though so what mine has told me may differ from what others have told other ladies. Im just saying what mine said :)

Sometimes though its best to go with how you feel your the mum afterall. I was going to go to hungrier baby a while back but got given that advice and it seemed to work upping the oz but I guess though all babies are different!

Welcome to a growth spurt lol its most likely that , dont switch over to the next stage milk it wont help much ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->